Here we will guide you on how to download and install the Android 9.0 Pie Beta on Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S. Yes, you will be able to enjoy the latest Android P Developer preview on your Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S just like the Pixel device.
Google finally rolled out the Android 9.0 Pie for Google Pixel devices. It was a surprise by Google, that Android Pie Beta update was available for Xiaomi Mi Mix 2s along with other OEM brand. Thanks to Project Treble, the Android 9.0 Pie Beta is also available for a range of non-Pixel devices. Yes, the Android 9.0 Pie Beta Preview build is now available to download today.
Along with Android P Developer preview 2, The update brings a couple of more feature which we didn’t see in the first developer preview. There are more user-friendly features like Android P’s new gesture navigation, an adaptive battery that uses AI to optimize usage, and digital wellbeing features. Intelligence, simplicity, and notch support.
Earlier Google use to roll the beta preview build only for Google Pixel. But now with Android P, you can load the update onto a few devices from other companies as well. Now, this is a good news for all Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S users. You can now upgrade to Android 9.0 Pie Beta on Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S.
NOTE: The important thing to be noted is that the third-party devices won’t be getting the stock Android features. Instead, the update includes custom apps and full skins. The current update available is beta and is important to note that the update will come with some flaws as the testing is currently going on. So it is not recommended that you install it if you are expecting a perfect version.
Table of Contents
Points to note:
Here is the list of known issues you may encounter with the Developer preview build.
2. No response when editing video in Photos
3. UI issues for landscape mode
4. Phone keeps hanging when choosing Voicemail
5. The voice search function crashes in Setting
6. Unable to edit local video
7. No internet showed in the notification bar
Steps to Download and Install Android 9.0 Pie Beta on Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
Before trying to proceed, make sure you have all the required drivers and flashable image on your PC.
Download Android P Developer Preview
Here is the official link to download the Android P Developer Preview for Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S smartphone:
Now you can proceed to install the firmware Android P Developer Preview on Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
- This update is only for Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
- Charge your phone to above 70%
- Download and Install latest Xiaomi USB Drivers
- Download the latest ADB and Fastboot Tools / Android SDK Platform tool on your PC
Installation to Install:
- First of all, Enable Developer Option on your phone
- Now enable USB Debugging on your phone.
- You need to Unlock bootloader on Mi Mix 2S
- Turn off the device. Press the Volume– key and the Power button at the same time to enter Fastboot mode. Then connect the device to the Windows PC/laptop via a micro USB cable
- You need to double click on the downloaded Android 9.0 Pie Beta ROM file to extract it.
- Open the extracted ROM folder, and copy its path on the computer.
- Download Mi Flash Tool Zip and Extract the MIUI MI Flash tool on your computer.
- Now click on the installer file on your computer and continue the installation. (Ignore the security warning) and select run to continue the installation.
- After installation is completed, open MiFlash.exe and paste the address bar from the ROM file folder path copied in the 6th step. (You can also browse the folder by tapping the Select button)
- If you have pasted the Address code, Now Click on the first button (circled out in yellow) to Refresh, and MiFlash should automatically recognize the device. Then click the second button (circled out in red) to flash the ROM file to the device.
- Your flashing process has started, Now Wait until the progress bar inside MiFlash turns fully green, which means the ROM has been successfully installed. Then your device should automatically boot to the new version.
- The installation process will take about 10-15 minutes, after which your smartphone will reboot with the new Android P OS.
That’s it! I hope this guide was helpful to install the latest Android 9.0 Pie Beta on Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S [Developer Preview].