Anthem is an online multiplayer action role-playing game that was released worldwide for Microsoft Windows, Play Station 4, and Xbox One on the 22nd of February of 2019. The game is a beautiful creation by the veteran developers: BioWare and EA. The game takes place on an unnamed planet where players take the role of Freelancers. Freelancers are valiant heroes who utilize powerful exosuits to defend the human race from threats that lay beyond their colonies’ walls. Furthermore, the main story centers around Freelancers who are meant to stop the villainous Monitor from dominating and taking control of the Anthem.
The Anthem, which is the inspiration for the title of the game, is an omnipotent force that is responsible for almost all of the incredible technology, phenomena, and threats in the world.
Anthem received mixed reviews from critics. It was criticized for its grind, technical aspects, and story, all of which contributed to an experience that felt repetitive and shallow. The games combat, flight controls, and visuals received quite a bit of praise. Despite some positive sales achievements, the game failed to meet Electronic Arts’ commercial expectations. BioWare announced in February 2020 that they will be reinventing the core gameplay of Anthem as part of a long-term plan for the game.
Anthem verification code not sending EA: How to Fix
Recently players have been complaining about not being able to connect to servers and getting a message that says “connecting to online services” forever. Understandably, players are very upset with this bug. And for the purpose of resolving the issue, we have crafted this article that will consolidate all the different solutions for various platforms. Before getting into the specific recommendations, we recommend you to check if the servers for Anthem are up and healthy, then try restarting your router, restarting the console, and finally, restarting both.
Solutions for PC
- If your house has one router but multiple router extenders you should check to make sure you are connected to the original router and not one of the extenders.
- If you are using Wi-Fi, trying switching to a direct, ethernet cable connection. This could provide more stability and help your console send and receive information from the Anthem servers more quickly.
Solutions for PS4
- Try the language fix:
- Go to the game in your Origin library
- Click on the gear button next to the game
- Select the Game Properties option
- Select the Advanced Startup Options tab
- Change the language to something other than your default.
- Wait while the game downloads and installs an update
- Change the language back to your default
- After you complete all the above steps, wait a little bit and try to start up the game again.
- Check if your PS4’s connection to the router is a Wi-Fi connection or a LAN connection. Try swapping the connect to Wi-Fi if it’s on LAN and vice versa.
Solutions for Xbox One
- Xbox One users seem to be finding lots of success with long restarts. Players unplug their Xboxes for around 10 minutes to an hour. After this long restart, a lot of players were able to connect to the server again. This works especially well for players who do not completely shut down their consoles
- Some users have found that logging in to a different Xbox account helps them to connect to the servers. After this, users can log out and log back into their own account and everything will work fine
- Clearing persistent storage can also be effective. The first step in this approach is to disconnect your console from the internet. This can be done by either disconnecting from the Wi-Fi or removing the ethernet cable that is connected to your device. Once you disconnect, restart your console. When the console comes back on, navigate to and do the following:
Menu button > Settings > Blu Ray & Disc > Persistent Storage > Clear Persistent Storage.
Summing up the guide, the different solutions above for PC, PS4, and Xbox One will possibly fix the problem. However, these are not certain to help you resolve the issue, it is highly likely to be of good use since there have been many players reporting these fixes have worked. The Anthem team is constantly working on fixing bugs and the game has lots of real-time support so if none of the above strategies work, players should make sure to wait and update the game as soon as the developers release an update. Likewise, here are some iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC tips and tricks, and Android Tips and Tricks. that you should check out as well.