Xiaomi Redmi 4A (rolex) was launched in November 2016. The phone came out of the box with Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. Finally, Xiaomi Redmi 4A started receiving the AOKP custom firmware based on Android 8.1 Oreo. Yes! The AOKP 8.1 Oreo for Xiaomi Redmi 4A is now available to download. Download and Install AOKP 8.1 Oreo for Xiaomi Redmi 4A.
Installing a custom ROM on Xiaomi Redmi 4A requires the bootloader to be unlocked, which may delete all your data and system. So before proceeding further, you may consider backup all data on the phone. You are the only person doing changes to your phone and we at GetDroidTips cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Xiaomi Redmi 4A features a 5.0-inches display with a screen resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels. The smartphone is powered by Qualcomm MSM8917 Snapdragon 425 processor coupled with 2GB of RAM. The phone packs 16/32GB internal memory. The camera on the Xiaomi Redmi 4A comes with 13MP rear camera with LED flash and 5MP front shooting camera for selfies. The handset came out of the box with Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow and backed by a Non-removable Li-Ion 3120 mAh battery.
Table of Contents
What is AOKP ROM?
AOKP OS is formally known as Android Open Kang Project. This ROM is an open source Custom ROM based on the Android operating system. Here Kang stands for slang known as stolen code. The development was first started by Roman Birg as a free and open-source software on the official releases of Android Open Source Project by Google, with added original and third-party code, features, and control. Just like every other custom firmware, AOKP also promises to deliver stable and smooth ROM which can easily customize and optimize even though if the device is a low range, mid range or high-end smartphones and tablets. Along with stability and performance, the AOKP OS brings a lot of customization and feature to the Pure Android Experience. Here is the list of features which is really well known.
Features of AOKP ROM:
- Customize LED Control
- Theme Support using Substratum theme
- Navigation ring: Actions can be assigned to the navigation ring, to allow for quicker access applications.
- Ribbon: Allows users to use swipe gestures anywhere and enables a system-wide custom application shortcuts and actions.
- Customizable Navigation button – Resize or change the style and order
- Status bar customization
- Notification and quick settings configurations
- Permission control
- and many other miscellaneous
- Common Redmi 4A Problems and Fixes – Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Camera, SIM, and More
- How to Install Android 8.1 Oreo on Xiaomi Redmi 4A
- How to Install Lineage OS 15.1 for Xiaomi Redmi 4A (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- List of Best Custom ROM for Xiaomi Redmi 4A – Updated
- Download and Install Lineage OS 16 on Xiaomi Redmi 4A based Android 9.0 Pie
If you are installing custom ROM for the first time, then you must first read the difference between Custom ROM and Stock ROM. If you have installed custom ROM before, then you can try this ROM. The ROM is stable and optimized for daily use. Like we said, this ROM is based on Android 8.1 Oreo. Here is the quick recap of what’s on Android 8.1 Oreo.
What’s on Android 8.1 Oreo?
As you’d expect, Android 8.1 Oreo is the latest update of Android Oreo. It is an incremental update that builds out some of the new features found in the first version of Oreo, but there’s plenty worth checking out. This doesn’t mean Android 8.1 doesn’t include the new feature because it does. Here are all the features of Android Oreo [8.0/8.1]
Features of Android Oreo:
- Notifications Channels (8.0)
- Picture In A Picture (8.0)
- Multi-Display Support (8.0)
- Keyboard Navigation (8.0)
- Background Limits (8.0)
- New Wi-Fi Features (8.0)
- Better Icons (8.0)
- Autofill (8.0)
- Cheeseburger Emoji (8.1)
- Neural Networks API (8.1)
- Pixel Visual Core co-processing technology to third-party developers (8.1)
- and many more
Required ROM and Gapps Files
Steps to Install AOKP 8.1 Oreo for Xiaomi Redmi 4A
First of all, download the ROM and package and move it to your phone internal memory or SD card if supported. Now follow the below pre-requisite
- This ROM is Supported by Xiaomi Redmi 4A (rolex)
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Download the latest Xiaomi USB Drivers
- Take Full Backup before flashing this on your phone: (You can try any backup method given below)
How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s SD card or root of Internal storage.
Step to Install on Xiaomi Redmi 4A:
- Before installing any custom ROM, Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi Redmi 4A (rolex)
- then, install TWRP Recovery for Xiaomi Redmi 4A. Watch Full Video on How to Install TWRP on any Android Phone.
- Download the below AOKP 8.1 Oreo for Xiaomi Redmi 4A.
- Now boot into TWRP Recovery, Here is the method to boot into Recovery.
- Before installing Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery (DO NOT WIPE INTERNAL STORAGE)
If you don’t want SuperSU rooting guide, then you can try Magisk on your phone.
[su_note note_color=”#fffde3″]Note: If you already installed SuperSU, then make sure to follow our guide on How to Switch from SuperSU to Magisk. This guide will help you to easily revert the rooting and pass SafetyNet check[/su_note]
- Official and Unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 Device List and Download Link
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- List of MIUI 9 Supported Devices – Official and Unofficial
- List of All AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device
- Dirty Unicorns Oreo ROM: Supported Devices List, Downloads and Features
- DotOS review – List Of Supported Smartphone, Features and Details
That’s it! I hope you have installed the AOKP 8.1 Oreo for Xiaomi Redmi 4A successfully. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.
Credit goes to: AryanPatidar