Lenovo Z5s smartphone released in December 2018. The phone came out of the box with Android 9.0 Pie. Today we have good news for all custom ROM fans out there with Lenovo Z5s. Now you can download and install AOSiP OS on Lenovo Z5s based on Android 10 Q. This custom ROM is based on the Android 10 GSI build.
If you are wondering what is GSI? Well, GSI stands for Generic system image. It is a file-system image that you flash to your device’s system partition. It works as a pure Android implementation without any modifications or changes to the Android Open Source Project (AOSP) code. It can be run on any Android devices running Android 8.1 or higher version due to the Project Treble support.
To install AOSiP ROM on Lenovo Z5s, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on the latest TWRP Recovery, or you can flash via ADB fastboot method. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new AOSiP ROM on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the AOSiP ROM.
Table of Contents
Lenovo Z5s Device Overview:
Lenovo Z5s was announced in December 2018 which sports a 6.3-inch IPS LCD display with a screen resolution of 2340 x 1080 pixels with 409 PPI pixel density. The device is protected by 2.5D curved glass screen.
Lenovo Z5s is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 10 nm chipset coupled with 4/6GB of RAM and 64/128GB of internal storage. It also supports an 256GB external memory card. The device came out of the box with Android 9.0 Pie under ZUI 10 and backed by a 3300 mAh battery (Non-removable).
As far as the camera concerned, the device has a Triple-camera setup with 16MP + 8MP + 5MP primary sensors and a selfie camera with an 16MP lens. Other connectivity option includes 4G-VoLTE, GPS, Glonass, Bluetooth, Mobile Hotspot, accelerometer, ambient light sensor, gyroscope, proximity sensor, and compass/ magnetometer. etc. The Lenovo Z5s come with a rear fingerprint sensor feature.
What is AOSiP OS:
AOSiP OS stands for the full form of the Android Open Source illusion Project. It is a quality custom ROM based purely on Google AOSP source since the 6.0 release. Twisted with the latest features and blended with stability. We strive for perfection, and it shows. Now you can experience the real Android Stock Experience with this ROM along with many new addon features.
Android 10 Q Update:
Android 10 Q is the 10th iteration of Android OS. It brings plenty of new features to the device system like system UI, original gesture navigation, improved privacy, and location control. The update also offers enhanced app permissions, foldable display support, security features, system-wide dark mode, etc.
The Android 10 also offers built-in call screening, multi-camera API, smart replies in the notification panel, 5G support, improved call quality, bubble feature, live caption, and more. While the latest version also improves battery life, Focus mode, which is similar to the Do Not Disturb mode, etc. Apart from that, Android 10 also features 65 new emojis. It also comes with direct audio streaming support to hearing aid devices.
Here you can download and install the latest AOSiP OS on Lenovo Z5s based on Android 10 Q. The ROM is stable and can be used as a daily driver.
Steps to Install AOSiP OS on Lenovo Z5s:
To install any custom ROM, you need to follow the pre-required details.
AOSiP GSI build based on PHH’s AOSP Android 10 GSIs which is still marked as a pre-release. Even on a device that runs Pie GSIs nicely, it’s still possible to get broken media, camera, RIL, or even flat-out no-boot. You are strongly advised to try PHH’s original and then identify/report issues there, before moving onto other GSIs that is based on his work. Please report bugs here only if it’s specific to this GSI.
We are at GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any bricking/damage to your phone while/after installing this ROM.
- Supported: Lenovo Z5s (Don’t Try this on Any other device):
- Note: Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Required Drivers: Download Lenovo USB Drivers
- Unlock Bootloader: You need to Unlock the Lenovo Z5s bootloader.
- TWRP Recovery: To flash this, You need Lenovo Z5s TWRP Recovery
- Backup using TWRP: Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP
First Method: Instructions to Install via TWRP:
- If you already have a TWRP Recovery on your phone, then follow this guide.
- Now the guide will be easy, boot into TWRP Recovery
- You can now take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Now make sure to wipe > Data, System, Cache, Dalvik \ Art Cache
- To install the image, you need to tap on install image -> now look for the system image file
- Once you select, now swipe to install it. That’s it!
Second Method: Install via ADB Sideload
- List of AOSP Android 9.0 Pie Custom ROM Supported devices
- Download Lineage OS 16 and Supported Devices
- Official Stock Android 9.0 Pie Release Time tracker
- Download Resurrection Remix based Pie and Oreo
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- CrDroid OS – List of Supported Devices Official/Unofficial
- OmniROM Supported device list and downloads
- Dirty Unicorns ROM Supported Devices List
That’s it! I hope you have installed the AOSiP OS on Lenovo Z5s. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.