Google has launched Pixel 4 and Pixel 4XL recently as the 2019’s flagship models under the Pixel lineup. Both the devices offer flagship-grade specifications and some other interesting features as well. Today we have good news for all custom ROM fans out there with Google Pixel 4 XL (codenamed Coral). Now you can download and install AOSiP OS on Pixel 4 XL based on Android 10 Q. Thanks to the XDA recognized developer xlxfoxxlx for supporting the Pixel 4 XL.
To install AOSiP OS on Pixel 4 XL (Coral), your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on the latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new AOSiP ROM on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand about the AOSiP ROM.
What is AOSiP OS:
AOSiP OS stands for the full form of Android Open Source illusion Project. It is a quality custom ROM based purely on Google AOSP source since 6.0 release. Twisted with the latest features and blended with stability. We strive for perfection and it shows. Now you can experience the real Android Stock Experience with this ROM along with many new addon features.
Here you can download and install the latest AOSiP OS on Pixel 4 XL based on Android 10 Q. The ROM is stable and can be used as a daily driver.
- No issues of my testing
- just about the only thing really missing from stock is eye awareness or whatever its called
Steps to Install AOSiP OS on Pixel 4 XL:
To install any custom ROM, you need to follow the pre-required details.
Disclaimer: We are at GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any bricking/damage to your phone while/after installing this ROM.
- Supported: Pixel 4 XL (Don’t Try this on Any other device):
- Note: Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Required Drivers: Download Google USB Drivers
- Unlock Bootloader: You need to Unlock the Pixel 4 XL bootloader.
- TWRP Recovery: To flash this, You need Pixel 4 XL TWRP Recovery
- Backup using TWRP: Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP
Instructions to Install:
1. If you’re coming from another ROM (including OOS) or need to perform a clean flash:
- Boot into the bootloader (if you don’t know how to do this, you should probably not flash)
- Connect your phone to your PC and in an ADB/Fastboot shell, type
adb reboot fastboot
Note:NOTE: If command prompt/line complains about fastboot not being a valid target you need to update fastboot from HERE
- Type the following to make sure your phone is in fastboot while also making sure your phone is in the recovery-like UI
- If the above does return your serial number you can now flash the partitions, if it doesn’t try figuring out what went wrong (I don’t want to hear about the failed attempts, please don’t spam the thread with them)
- After unzipping the ROM, type the following one-by-one making sure each part has a success message before proceeding to the next flash command
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- Reboot into aosp recovery:
fastboot reboot recovery
- Now in recovery, you can sideload the AOSIP zip file
- To do it, choose to install the update from adb -> adb sideload AOSiP*.zip
- Reboot into the system, and enjoy the illusion!
NOTE: If you have issues with Settings or Play Services force-closes you need to clean flash (Method 1)
- List of AOSP Android 9.0 Pie Custom ROM Supported devices
- Download Lineage OS 16 and Supported Devices
- Official Stock Android 9.0 Pie Release Time tracker
- Download Resurrection Remix based Pie and Oreo
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- CrDroid OS – List of Supported Devices Official/Unofficial
- OmniROM Supported device list and downloads
- Dirty Unicorns ROM Supported Devices List
That’s it! I hope you have installed the AOSiP OS on Pixel 4 XL. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.
Pixel 4 XL Specifications: Overview
Google Pixel 4 XL was announced in October 2019 which sports a 6.3-inch IPS LCD display with a screen resolution of 1440 x 3040 pixels. The device has an aspect ratio of 19:9 and a screen-to-body ratio of 81.3 %.
The device is is powered by an Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 485 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 485 & 4×1.78 GHz Kryo 485) with Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 chipset coupled with 6GB of RAM and 64/128GB of internal storage. The device came out of the box with Android 10 and backed by a 3700 mAh battery (Non-removable).
As far as the camera concerned, the device has a dual-camera setup with 12.2MP + 16MP primary sensors and a selfie camera with an 8MP lens. Other connectivity option includes 4G-VoLTE, GPS, Glonass, Bluetooth, Mobile Hotspot, accelerometer, ambient light sensor, gyroscope, proximity sensor, barometer and compass. etc. The Google Pixel 4 XL come with a face unlock feature.