Xiaomi Redmi 7A smartphone released in May 2019. The handset came with Android 9.0 Pie. Today we have good news for all custom ROM fans out there with Xiaomi Redmi 7A. Now you can download and install AOSiP OS on Xiaomi Redmi 7A based on Android 10 Q. This custom ROM is based on the Android 10 GSI build.
If you are wondering what is GSI? Well, GSI stands for Generic system image. It is a file-system image that you flash to your device’s system partition. It works as a pure Android implementation without any modifications or changes to the Android Open Source Project (AOSP) code. It can be run on any Android devices running Android 8.1 or higher version due to the Project Treble support.
To install AOSiP ROM on Xiaomi Redmi 7A, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on the latest TWRP Recovery, or you can flash via ADB fastboot method. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new AOSiP ROM on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the AOSiP ROM.
Xiaomi Redmi 7A Device Overview:
Before we discuss how to clear App data on Xiaomi Redmi 7A, let us know about the specs of the device. Xiaomi Redmi 7A features a 5.45 inches IPS LCD display with a screen resolution of 720 x 1440 pixels. The device is powered by Qualcomm SDM439 Snapdragon 439 12 nm Processor. The handset packs 16GB and 32GB variant with 2/3GB of RAM. Xiaomi Redmi 7A sports a Single rear camera with 13MP camera and Selfie camera with 5MP depth camera. The smartphone is running on Android 9.0 Pie under MIUI 10.2.7 software package and backed by 4000 mAh battery.
What is AOSiP OS:
AOSiP OS stands for the full form of the Android Open Source illusion Project. It is a quality custom ROM based purely on Google AOSP source since the 6.0 release. Twisted with the latest features and blended with stability. We strive for perfection, and it shows. Now you can experience the real Android Stock Experience with this ROM along with many new addon features.
Android 10 Q Update:
Android 10 Q is the 10th iteration of Android OS. It brings plenty of new features to the device system like system UI, original gesture navigation, improved privacy, and location control. The update also offers enhanced app permissions, foldable display support, security features, system-wide dark mode, etc.
The Android 10 also offers built-in call screening, multi-camera API, smart replies in the notification panel, 5G support, improved call quality, bubble feature, live caption, and more. While the latest version also improves battery life, Focus mode, which is similar to the Do Not Disturb mode, etc. Apart from that, Android 10 also features 65 new emojis. It also comes with direct audio streaming support to hearing aid devices.
Here you can download and install the latest AOSiP OS on Xiaomi Redmi 7A based on Android 10 Q. The ROM is stable and can be used as a daily driver.
- How To Install TWRP Recovery On Redmi 7A and Root with Magisk/SU
- Common Xiaomi Redmi 7A Problems and Fixes – Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Camera, SIM, and More
- Xiaomi Redmi 7 and 7A Stock Firmware Collections [Back To Stock ROM]
- Download and Install Lineage OS 17 for Xiaomi Redmi 7A based on Android 10 Q
- Download and install AOSP Android 10 GSI for Xiaomi Redmi 7A
Steps to Install AOSiP OS on Xiaomi Redmi 7A:
To install any custom ROM, you need to follow the pre-required details.
AOSiP GSI build based on PHH’s AOSP Android 10 GSIs which is still marked as a pre-release. Even on a device that runs Pie GSIs nicely, it’s still possible to get broken media, camera, RIL, or even flat-out no-boot. You are strongly advised to try PHH’s original and then identify/report issues there, before moving onto other GSIs that is based on his work. Please report bugs here only if it’s specific to this GSI.
We are at GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any bricking/damage to your phone while/after installing this ROM.
- Supported: Xiaomi Redmi 7A (Don’t Try this on Any other device):
- Note: Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Required Drivers: Download Xiaomi USB Drivers
- Unlock Bootloader: You need to Unlock the Xiaomi Redmi 7A bootloader.
- TWRP Recovery: To flash this, You need Xiaomi Redmi 7A TWRP Recovery
- Backup using TWRP: Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP
First Method: Instructions to Install via TWRP:
- If you already have a TWRP Recovery on your phone, then follow this guide.
- Now the guide will be easy, boot into TWRP Recovery
- You can now take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Now make sure to wipe > Data, System, Cache, Dalvik \ Art Cache
- To install the image, you need to tap on install image -> now look for the system image file
- Once you select, now swipe to install it. That’s it!
Second Method: Install via ADB Sideload
- List of AOSP Android 9.0 Pie Custom ROM Supported devices
- Download Lineage OS 16 and Supported Devices
- Official Stock Android 9.0 Pie Release Time tracker
- Download Resurrection Remix based Pie and Oreo
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- CrDroid OS – List of Supported Devices Official/Unofficial
- OmniROM Supported device list and downloads
- Dirty Unicorns ROM Supported Devices List
That’s it! I hope you have installed the AOSiP OS on Xiaomi Redmi 7A. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.