Blackview BV5500 Pro is another rugged outdoor smartphone from Blackview, launched in April 2019. Though the handset is running on Android 9.0 Pie, we can’t assure that when the Android 10 update will be available for it. So, if you’re eagerly waiting for the Android 10 update on your device, it’s recommended to download and install AOSP Android 10 for Blackview BV5500 Pro [GSI Treble]. Thanks to the XDA Recognized Developer phhusson for making this build.
GSI means Generic System Image which is a system image file considered to be a ‘Pure Android’ implementation with untouched AOSP code that can run on Project Treble supported devices. The AOSP Android 10 GSI build works perfectly on the Android 8.0 Oreo or above running devices and you can easily install it on your Blackview BV5500 Pro as well.
Now, take a quick look at the device overview below.
Table of Contents
Blackview BV5500 Pro: Overview
The device comes with a 5.5-inches IPS HD+ display with 720×1440 pixels resolution at an 18:9 aspect ratio. It’s powered by the MediaTek MT6739V SoC, 3GB RAM, 16GB of internal storage option. The device is IP68 & IP69K certified for water & dust resistance with MIL-STD-810G.
It packs an 8MP rear camera with a Dual-LED flash and a 5MP selfie shooter on the front side. The handset has a 4,400mAh battery and features Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, NFC, GPS, GLONASS, etc. It also features Proximity, an ambient light sensor, an accelerometer, compass, gyroscope sensor, etc.
What’s on Android 10?
Google has started rolling out the latest Android 10 version update to its Pixel series devices which is the 10th iteration of Android OS. It brings plenty of new features to the device system like system UI, new gesture navigation, improved privacy and location control. The update also offers enhanced app permissions, foldable display support, security features, system-wide dark mode, etc.
The Android 10 also offers built-in call screening, multi-camera API, smart replies in the notification panel, 5G support, improved call quality, bubble feature, live caption, and more. While the latest version also improves battery life, Focus mode which is similar to the Do Not Disturb mode, etc. Apart from that Android 10 also features 65 new emojis. It also comes with direct audio streaming support to hearing aid devices.
Android 10 Features
Here we will provide short details of the most highlighted features of Android 10 (aka Android Q). Check out the Top 10 Android 10 features.
- Live Caption: This feature will automatically start caption when you will play media on your phone.
- Smart Reply: It will offer suggested responses or actions to your incoming messages like Facebook Messenger.
- Sound Amplifier: It will boost audio, filter background noise, and fine-tune the sound for the improved listening experience.
- New Gesture Navigation: This system is now smoother and faster than before.
- Dark Theme: It offers better battery backup and reduces eye strain during lowlight conditions.
- Privacy Controls: It features offers your device system to choose when and how your data will be shared.
- Location Controls: It feature also offers advanced security layers and control any apps or the map to access your location.
- Faster Security Updates: This option will be useful for both the smartphone OEMs and users via Google Play service. This will offer faster updates.
- Focus Mode: It’s an improved version of the Digital Wellbeing feature with an enhanced user interface and few changes.
- Family Link: It’s quite similar to the Focus mode which is basically for kids. The parents can now control devices or apps usage time limits and content limits as well.
Steps to Install AOSP Android 10 on Blackview BV5500 Pro
PHH’s AOSP Android 10 GSIs are still marked as a pre-release. Even on a device that runs Pie GSIs nicely, it’s still possible to get broken media, camera, RIL or even flat-out no-boot. You are strongly advised to try PHH’s original and then identify/report issues there, before moving onto other GSIs that is based on this work. Please report bugs there only if it’s specific to this GSI.
We’re at GetDroidTips won’t be responsible for any kind of damage or error that occurs to your handset while or after following this guide. This is a Custom ROM and may contain some of the bugs or stability issues. We can’t recommend you to use this firmware as your daily driver. Proceed at your own risk.
First, you have to unlock the device bootloader in order to flash any Custom ROM. But going to the process. let’s take a look at requirements and download links first.
- You need to unlock the bootloader at first.
- ARM, ARM64, or x86: Check your Android Phone’s Processor
- Treble Support: Check If Your Smartphone Supports Project Treble
- Download the required Android 10 GSI ROM file and Android 10 GApps file from below.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 60% at least for a smoother process.
- Take a complete backup of your device data without Root. In case anything goes wrong, you can easily restore all the data.
A only arm32 – arm avN
A only arm64 – arm64 avN
A/B arm64 – arm64 bvN
A/B arm32 – arm bvN
Instructions to Install: AOSP Android 10 for Blackview BV5500 ProGuide to Install Generic System Image (GSI) on Your Android Device
We hope that this guide is helpful to you and you have successfully installed the AOSP Android 10 Custom ROM on your Blackview BV5500 Pro handset easily. If in case anything goes wrong or if you have any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.
- How to Install TWRP Recovery on Blackview BV5500 Pro and root using Magisk/SU
- Blackview BV5500 Pro – Full Specifications, Price, and Review
- Remove Google Account or ByPass FRP Lock on Blackview BV5500 Pro
- How to Install Stock ROM on Blackview BV5500 Pro [Firmware Flash File/Unbrick]
- How to change language on Blackview BV5500 Pro