So, you’re here and right now reading this article that means you’re a primary user of the Blackview BV9600 device and looking for an Android 10 Custom ROM to install. The said device was launched in 2019 and runs on Android 9.0 Pie out-of-the-box. As we all know that Google has released the official Android 10 version a couple of months ago and then announced the AOSP 10 Source Code as well. So, now you can download and install AOSP Android 10 for Blackview BV9600 by following this guide.
Now, you may ask why to install Custom Firmware? Blackview brand is known for its affordable budget category smartphones, rugged devices, bigger smartphone batteries, and more. But when it comes to the faster and frequent software updates or Android updates, we can’t assure that for Blackview. Therefore, as a Blackview BV9600 device user, if you’re looking for the official stable Android 10 update, probably you may not receive it anytime soon. So, it’s better to install AOSP Android 10 and get a taste of it.
Thanks to XDA recognized developer phhusson for building and sharing the AOSP Android 10 GSI Treble build for all the Project Treble supported devices. Project Treble supports all the Android 8.0 Oreo or higher version running handsets. Now, you may ask what is GSI? A GSI (Generic System Image) is an image with a ‘Pure Android’ implementation with unmodified AOSP code for Android devices. To recall, let’s head over to the device specifications below and then follow the full guide as well.
Blackview BV9600 Specifications
The Blackview BV9600 smartphone comes with a 6.21-inches GVO AMOLED IPS Full-HD+ display with 1080×2248 pixels resolution. It’s powered by an octa-core MediaTek Helio P70 chipset, coupled with ARM Mali-G72-MP3 Graphics, 4GB of RAM, 64GB of internal storage option. While the storage is expandable up to 128GB via a MicroSD card.
The handset sports a dual rear camera setup of 16MP (f/2.0) + 0.3MP (f/2.0) lens with S5K3P8SX15-FGX9 + GC0310 sensor. On the front side, it has an 8MP selfie camera (f/2.0) with a Sony IMX134 sensor. The device is backed by a 5,580mAh battery with 9V 2A charging.
It packs Wi-Fi 802.11 ac/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, GLONASS, NFC, FM Radio, USB Type-C port, USB OTG, etc. While the device features Gyroscope, fingerprint sensor, an ambient light sensor, Air pressure sensor, Magnetic sensor, compass, gesture sensor, etc.
What’s on Android 10?
Google has started rolling out the latest Android 10 version update to its Pixel series devices which is the 10th iteration of Android OS. It brings plenty of new features to the device system like system UI, new gesture navigation, improved privacy and location control. The update also offers enhanced app permissions, foldable display support, security features, system-wide dark mode, etc.
The Android 10 also offers built-in call screening, multi-camera API, smart replies in the notification panel, 5G support, improved call quality, bubble feature, live caption, and more. While the latest version also improves battery life, Focus mode which is similar to the Do Not Disturb mode, etc. Apart from that Android 10 also features 65 new emojis. It also comes with direct audio streaming support to hearing aid devices.
Android 10 Features
Here we will provide short details of the most highlighted features of Android 10 (aka Android Q). Check out the Top 10 Android 10 features.
- Live Caption: This feature will automatically start caption when you will play media on your phone.
- Smart Reply: It will offer suggested responses or actions to your incoming messages like Facebook Messenger.
- Sound Amplifier: It will boost audio, filter background noise, and fine-tune the sound for the improved listening experience.
- New Gesture Navigation: This system is now smoother and faster than before.
- Dark Theme: It offers better battery backup and reduces eye strain during lowlight conditions.
- Privacy Controls: It features offers your device system to choose when and how your data will be shared.
- Location Controls: It feature also offers advanced security layers and control any apps or the map to access your location.
- Faster Security Updates: This option will be useful for both the smartphone OEMs and users via Google Play service. This will offer faster updates.
- Focus Mode: It’s an improved version of the Digital Wellbeing feature with an enhanced user interface and few changes.
- Family Link: It’s quite similar to the Focus mode which is basically for kids. The parents can now control devices or apps usage time limits and content limits as well.
Steps to Install AOSP Android 10 on Blackview BV9600
PHH’s AOSP Android 10 GSIs are still marked as a pre-release. Even on a device that runs Pie GSIs nicely, it’s still possible to get broken media, camera, RIL or even flat-out no-boot. You are strongly advised to try PHH’s original and then identify/report issues there, before moving onto other GSIs that is based on this work. Please report bugs there only if it’s specific to this GSI.
We’re at GetDroidTips won’t be responsible for any kind of damage or error that occurs to your handset while or after following this guide. This is a Custom ROM and may contain some of the bugs or stability issues. We can’t recommend you to use this firmware as your daily driver. Proceed at your own risk.
First, you have to unlock the device bootloader in order to flash any Custom ROM. But going to the process. let’s take a look at requirements and download links first.
- You need to unlock the bootloader at first.
- ARM, ARM64, or x86: Check your Android Phone’s Processor
- Treble Support: Check If Your Smartphone Supports Project Treble
- Download the required Android 10 GSI ROM file and Android 10 GApps file from below.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 60% at least for a smoother process.
- Take a complete backup of your device data without Root. In case anything goes wrong, you can easily restore all the data.
A only arm32 – arm avN
A only arm64 – arm64 avN
A/B arm64 – arm64 bvN
A/B arm32 – arm bvN
Instructions to Install:Guide to Install Generic System Image (GSI) on Your Android Device
We hope that this guide is helpful to you and you have successfully installed the AOSP Android 10 Custom ROM on your Blackview BV9600 handset easily. If in case anything goes wrong or if you have any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.