Blackview is known for its toughest rugged Android smartphones that come with pretty good budget category specifications at a competitive price tag. While most of the Blackview BV9700 Pro device users are waiting for official Android 10 updates on their units as the device runs on Android 9.0 Pie. But there is no official confirmation available yet whether the device is getting the latest Android version or not. But you can Download and Install AOSP Android 10 for Blackview BV9700 Pro.
Thanks to the XDA Recognized Developer phhusson for making this AOSP Android 10 GSI build for all the Project Treble supported devices. That means all the Android 8.0 Oreo or above running devices are coming under the Project Treble list. GSI stands for Generic System Image which is a system image file with unmodified AOSP code that runs on Project Treble devices as a ‘Pure Android’. So, if you’re a Custom ROM lover or waiting for an Android 10 update, you can try out this Android 10 Custom ROM.
Check out the full firmware installation guide along with download links and requirements. But before going to the firmware installation guide, let’s take a quick look at the device overview below.
Blackview BV9700 Pro: Overview
The device comes with a 5.84-inches Full-HD+ IPS LCD display with 1080×2280 pixels resolution quality. It’s equipped with MediaTek MT6771T SoC, paired with ARM Mali G72 MP3 GPU. It has 6GB of RAM, 128GB of internal storage variant (expandable up to 256GB via a MicroSD card). The device packs a 16MP selfie shooter with an S5K3P9 sensor and an f/2.0 aperture lens. While the rear side has a dual 16MP (f/1.75) + 8MP (f/2.0) lens with an LED flash, Auto Focus, Panorama mode, etc.
The handset packs a 4,380mAh battery with 9V 2A charging. It has GPS, NFC, Dual nano-SIM, FM Radio, USB OTG, Type-C port, etc. While it features a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor, compass, Air Pressure sensor, gyroscope sensor, etc.
What’s on Android 10?
Google has started rolling out the latest Android 10 version update to its Pixel series devices which is the 10th iteration of Android OS. It brings plenty of new features to the device system like system UI, new gesture navigation, improved privacy, and location control. The update also offers enhanced app permissions, foldable display support, security features, system-wide dark mode, etc.
The Android 10 also offers built-in call screening, multi-camera API, smart replies in the notification panel, 5G support, improved call quality, bubble feature, live caption, and more. While the latest version also improves battery life, Focus mode which is similar to the Do Not Disturb mode, etc. Apart from that Android 10 also features 65 new emojis. It also comes with direct audio streaming support to hearing aid devices.
Android 10 Features
Here we will provide short details of the most highlighted features of Android 10 (aka Android Q). Check out the Top 10 Android 10 features.
- Live Caption: This feature will automatically start caption when you will play media on your phone.
- Smart Reply: It will offer suggested responses or actions to your incoming messages like Facebook Messenger.
- Sound Amplifier: It will boost audio, filter background noise, and fine-tune the sound for an improved listening experience.
- New Gesture Navigation: This system is now smoother and faster than before.
- Dark Theme: It offers better battery backup and reduces eye strain during lowlight conditions.
- Privacy Controls: It features offers your device system to choose when and how your data will be shared.
- Location Controls: It feature also offers advanced security layers and control any apps or the map to access your location.
- Faster Security Updates: This option will be useful for both the smartphone OEMs and users via Google Play service. This will offer faster updates.
- Focus Mode: It’s an improved version of the Digital Wellbeing feature with an enhanced user interface and few changes.
- Family Link: It’s quite similar to the Focus mode which is basically for kids. The parents can now control devices or apps usage time limits and content limits as well.
Steps to Install AOSP Android 10 on Blackview BV9700 Pro
PHH’s AOSP Android 10 GSIs are still marked as a pre-release. Even on a device that runs Pie GSIs nicely, it’s still possible to get broken media, camera, RIL or even flat-out no-boot. You are strongly advised to try PHH’s original and then identify/report issues there, before moving onto other GSIs that is based on this work. Please report bugs there only if it’s specific to this GSI.
We’re at GetDroidTips won’t be responsible for any kind of damage or error that occurs to your handset while or after following this guide. This is a Custom ROM and may contain some of the bugs or stability issues. We can’t recommend you to use this firmware as your daily driver. Proceed at your own risk.
First, you have to unlock the device bootloader in order to flash any Custom ROM. But going to the process. let’s take a look at requirements and download links first.
- You need to unlock the bootloader at first.
- ARM, ARM64, or x86: Check your Android Phone’s Processor
- Treble Support: Check If Your Smartphone Supports Project Treble
- Download the required Android 10 GSI ROM file and Android 10 GApps file from below.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 60% at least for a smoother process.
- Take a complete backup of your device data without Root. In case anything goes wrong, you can easily restore all the data.
A only arm32 – arm avN
A only arm64 – arm64 avN
A/B arm64 – arm64 bvN
A/B arm32 – arm bvN
Instructions to Install: AOSP Android 10 for Blackview BV9700 ProGuide to Install Generic System Image (GSI) on Your Android Device
We hope that this guide is helpful to you and you have successfully installed the AOSP Android 10 Custom ROM on your Blackview BV9700 Pro handset easily. If in case anything goes wrong or if you have any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.
If you find any problem with the latest build of Android 10 GSI, then you can report it on the official GitHub page: Click Here