Along with latest Pixel device, Google also released the Android 8.1 Oreo Stock firmware officially for Google Pixel (Sailfish). In this guide., we will share the AOSP version of Android 8.1 Oreo for Google Pixel. Download and enjoy the AOSP Android 8.1 Oreo on Google Pixel.
AOSP stands for Android Open Source Project which is source tree which released by Google to the developer to work on Android OS. Thanks to XDA developer team HeavyHDx for bringing a stable Android 8.1 Oreo ROM for Google Pixel (Sailfish).
Download and Install AOSP Android 8.1 Oreo on Google Pixel (Sailfish)
This ROM is still under development and has some bugs which need to be squashed. You can give a try and enjoy the AOSP Android 8.1 Oreo on Google Pixel.
Earlier we had shared AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo list along with Unofficial Lineage OS 15 and Lineage OS 15.1. You can enjoy the unofficial version of Android 8.0 Oreo and the higher version on Google Pixel even though no official treat for this device.
To install this ROM, you need a Custom Recovery called TWRP Recovery on Google Pixel. If you have TWRP, then you can simply follow the below guide to install AOSP Android 8.1 Oreo on Google Pixel (Sailfish).
What’s on Android Oreo?
Android Oreo is the latest released sweet from Google. It is the latest iteration of Android OS after the release of Android 7.0 Nougat. Android Oreo comes with features such as New app notifications, notification dots on app icons, picture-in-picture mode, Android Instant App compatibility, Auto-fill (like on Chrome), Better copy and paste, Faster Android behind the scenes, Better battery life with more advanced Doze mode, and more.
New features for Android Oreo:
- Notifications Channels
- Picture In A Picture
- Multi-Display Support
- Keyboard Navigation
- Background Limits
- New Wi-Fi Features
- Better Icons
- This will work on Google Pixel (Sailfish) (Don’t Try this on Any other device):
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- You will lose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery.
- You can also backup all your apps using Titanium Backup or backup complete without Root
- You must install TWRP or any Custom Recovery on your phone.
- Watch Full Video on How to Install TWRP on any Android Phone.
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
Steps to Install AOSP Android 8.1 Oreo On Google Pixel:
- First of all, Unlock Bootloader on Google Pixel.
- Now install TWRP Recovery for Google Pixel. Watch Full Video on How to Install TWRP on any Android Phone.
- Download the below AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo for Google Pixel.
- Now boot into TWRP Recovery, Here is the method to boot into Recovery.
Required ROM FILES
AOSP Android 8.1 Oreo – Pixel (Link Broken)
CHECK POPULAR POST
- Official and Unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 Device List and Download Link
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- List of MIUI 9 Supported Devices – Official and Unofficial
- List of All AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device
Find all Android 8.0 Oreo Tips and Tricks to enable picture in picture feature WiFi issue and Other Most advanced features, tricks, and tips.[su_button url="https://www.getdroidtips.com/tag/android-8-0-oreo-tips/" target="blank" style="flat" background="#3b4193" color="#ffffff" size="7" center="yes" icon="icon: check-square-o" text_shadow="0px 0px 0px #fa6512"]Click To Find More Tips and Tricks[/su_button]
That’s it! I hope you have installed the AOSP Android 8.1 Oreo on Google Pixel. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.
Source: Development Page