A few days back, Essential Phone received the Official Beta Oreo, though now you can enjoy the unofficial AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo on Essential Phone. With this Custom ROM, you can really taste the pure vanilla oreo experience. Download and enjoy the AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo on Essential Phone (Ph-1).
AOSP stands for Android Open Source Project which is source tree which released by Google to the developer to work on Android OS. Thanks to XDA developer team xlxfoxxlx for bringing a stable Android 8.0 Oreo ROM for Essential Phone (Ph-1).
Download and Install AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo on Essential Phone (Ph-1)
This ROM is still under development and has some bugs which need to be squashed. You can give a try and enjoy the AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo on Essential Phone.
Earlier we had shared AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo list along with Unofficial Lineage OS 15 and Lineage OS 15.1. You can enjoy the AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo on Mi A1 (Ph-1). We already shared Lineage OS 14.1 on Essential Phone.
To install this ROM, you need a Custom Recovery called TWRP Recovery on Essential Phone. If you have TWRP, then you can simply follow the below guide to install AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo on Essential Phone.
What’s in Android Oreo?
Android Oreo is the latest released sweet from Google. It is the latest iteration of Android OS after the release of Android 7.0 Nougat. Android Oreo comes with features such as New app notifications, notification dots on app icons, picture-in-picture mode, Android Instant App compatibility, Auto-fill (like on Chrome), Better copy and paste, Faster Android behind the scenes, Better battery life with more advanced Doze mode, and more.
New features for Android Oreo:
- Notifications Channels
- Picture In A Picture
- Multi-Display Support
- Keyboard Navigation
- Background Limits
- New Wi-Fi Features
- Better Icons
- This will work on Essential Phone (Ph-1) (Don’t Try this on Any other device):
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- You will lose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery.
- You can also backup all your apps using Titanium Backup or backup complete without Root
- You must install TWRP or any Custom Recovery on your phone.
- Watch Full Video on How to Install TWRP on any Android Phone.
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
Steps to Install AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo On Essential Phone:
- First of all, Unlock Bootloader on Essential Phone.
- Now install TWRP Recovery for Essential Phone. Watch Full Video on How to Install TWRP on any Android Phone.
- Download the below AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo for Essential Phone.
- Now boot into TWRP Recovery, Here is the method to boot into Recovery.
Required ROM FILES
CHECK POPULAR POST
- Official and Unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 Device List and Download Link
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- List of MIUI 9 Supported Devices – Official and Unofficial
- List of All AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device
Find all Android 8.0 Oreo Tips and Tricks to enable picture in picture feature WiFi issue and Other Most advanced features, tricks, and tips.
[su_button url="https://www.getdroidtips.com/tag/android-8-0-oreo-tips/" target="blank" style="flat" background="#3b4193" color="#ffffff" size="7" center="yes" icon="icon: check-square-o" text_shadow="0px 0px 0px #fa6512"]Click To Find More Tips and Tricks[/su_button]
That’s it! I hope you have installed the AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo on Essential Phone. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.
Source: Development Page