Last updated on January 15th, 2018 at 05:28 pm
Vernee Apollo Lite device came out of the box with Android Marshmallow and later upgraded to Nougat OS. We had already shared Android 7.1.2 Nougat for Vernee Apollo Lite a few months back. Here is the link to update Android Nougat on Vernee Apollo Lite. Here we will share the AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo for Vernee Apollo Lite.
Finally, we have the first Custom AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo for Vernee Apollo Lite (MT6797). A few days back, Google unwrapped the latest Android O known as Android 8.0 Oreo. We have already listed the supported device to receive the Android 8.0 Oreo. After the release of Android Oreo AOSP Source code, we always expect some developer in the community to develop the unofficial build to our release before the manufacturer does. Download AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo for Vernee Apollo Lite (AOSP Custom ROM)
[su_quote]We already shared the Android Oreo based Lineage OS 15.0 for a couple of devices. Here is the full list of Supported devices which will get the LineageOS 15.0. [/su_quote]
Today I will share the link to download the AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo for Vernee Apollo Lite (MT6797). This ROM is an unofficial version of MadOS Android 8.0 Oreo built from the scratch by MadOS developer. Full Credits to MAD Team for developing Android Oreo for Vernee Apollo Lite. This ROM is under development. So in case if you find any bugs you can report to the source. This is not yet ready for daily use. You can just try this ROM on your Vernee Apollo Lite by following the below guide.
Recommended: Make sure to take full backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
Remember this is in a development stage and may find some bugs, you can report it here so that developer can see the problem and fix it. Hope this will become more stable as day pass with the development.
Guide to Install AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo for Vernee Apollo Lite (AOSP Custom ROM)
Now the good news is you can experience the real baked Oreo on Vernee Apollo Lite (MT6797). As we know, Vernee Apollo Lite will not get the official Android 8.0 Oreo update, so they have to stay with Android Marshmallow.
Download now and enjoy the latest build of Android 8.0 Oreo on Vernee Apollo Lite. To install this ROM on Vernee Apollo Lite, First of all, you need to Unlock Bootloader on your device, and then Install TWRP Recovery. If you already have TWRP, then you can simply follow the below guide to Install TWRP Recovery. We also shared officially Supported device list of Android Oreo and also Supported device list of LineageOS 15.0.
What’s in Android 8.0 Oreo?
Android 8.0 Oreo is the latest released sweet from Google. It is the latest iteration of Android OS after the release of Android 7.0 Nougat. Android Oreo comes with features such as New app notifications, notification dots on app icons, picture-in-picture mode, Android Instant App compatibility, Auto-fill (like on Chrome), Better copy and paste, Faster Android behind the scenes, Better battery life with more advanced Doze mode, and more.
New features for Android Oreo:
- Notifications Channels
- Picture In A Picture
- Multi-Display Support
- Keyboard Navigation
- Background Limits
- New Wi-Fi Features
- Better Icons
Also Check: Top 10 Features of Android 8.0 Oreo
What’s Working and What’s Not
Working: RIL (Calls /SMS, Data connection, etc) Wifi Bluetooth FM Radio All Sensors Fingerprint Lights Both storages & MTP HW de/encoding Camera (photos and video) GPS & aGPS Audio madOS Extras (the features ya'all used too), plus, some new features we added on Oreo) Bugs:
New MadOS 2.1.1 Changelog:
- madOS version: 2.1.1
- Fixed UI lags / hangs
- Fixed deep sleep
- Updated graphics system
- Fixed screen recording
- Improved GSM/LTE signal handling
- Fixed alarms
- Fixed FMRadio
- Updated included APNs list
- Fixed wallpaper scrolling setting in madLauncher
- Fixed video playback issues
- Improvements in Bluetooth for A2DP
- Fixed 5GHz hotspot issues
- Rebased & many improvements on the engine
- New MAD mode
- Better support on theming Quick Settings
- New option to override default Google 8.1 QS theming
- New reset button to get back to default 8.1 theming
- This will work on Vernee Apollo Lite (MT6797) (Don’t Try this on Any other device):
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- You will lose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery.
- You can also backup all your apps using Titanium Backup or backup complete without Root
- You must install TWRP or any Custom Recovery on your phone.
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
Here Is The Full Guide On How To Install Android 8.0 Oreo On Vernee Apollo Lite:
- First of all, you need to Unlock Bootloader on Vernee Apollo Lite (Most MediaTek Processor comes with Unlocked Bootloader. You can skip this.)
- Now install TWRP Recovery using this full guide.
- Download the below AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo for Vernee Apollo Lite.
- Now boot into TWRP Recovery, Here is the method to boot into Recovery.
Check out our list of AOSP Oreo update Here.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the Android 8.0 Oreo on your smartphone. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.