The wait is over, Now you can update your Honor 8 Pro to Android 8.0 Oreo based on Project Treble. Yes! Thanks to XDA Recognized Developer OldDroid, for developing the AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo for Honor 8 Pro based on Project Treble. With this first Oreo firmware, the developer claims to have fixed all the major bugs except one single minor bugs. ie. 2G/3G network only show full signal strength. Check this to know more details about Project Treble.
We all know Android OS update is very slow compared to smartphone launched officially by Google. If we buy any OEM brands like Samsung, LG, or HTC devices, we usually get the update notoriously slow. When this pursued, consumer started to complain to both the OEM and Google. Finally, Google thought to make this an end by releasing Project Treble. Yes, Project Treble is included in the latest iteration of Google OS called Android Oreo.
Google’s Project Treble will put the OS framework separate from the vendor’s implementations and manufacturers will be able to provide latest updates simply by updating the OS framework. OEM’s would be allowed to update the framework without creating any issues for the vendors. Treble has been integrated with Android Oreo 8.0 and it’s mandatory for all the Android 8.0 based devices to have it. However, the same has been made optional for the OEM’s to consider it for the existing devices which will be getting the Android Oreo.
Steps to install AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo for Honor 8 Pro:
Now you can download and install AOSP Treble Oreo on Honor 8 Pro using this guide. To Install this Project Treble Oreo ROM, first, you need to be running EMUI 8.0 Oreo firmware on Honor 8 Pro, then you should unlock the bootloader on Honor 8 Pro. Once you have unlocked the bootloader, you can simply flash the AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo on Honor 8 Pro.
What’s in Android 8.0 Oreo?
Android 8.0 Oreo is the latest released sweet from Google. It is the latest iteration of Android OS after the release of Android 7.0 Nougat. Android Oreo comes with features such as New app notifications, notification dots on app icons, picture-in-picture mode, Android Instant App compatibility, Auto-fill (like on Chrome), Better copy and paste, Faster Android behind the scenes, Better battery life with more advanced Doze mode, and more.
Also Check: Top 10 Features of Android 8.0 Oreo
Download Project Treble Oreo AOSP 8.0
- This will work on Honor 8 Pro (Don’t Try this in Any other device):
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- You will lose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery.
- You can also backup all your apps using Titanium Backup or backup complete without Root
- Download ADB and Fastboot Tool on Windows and Mac
Instructions to Install AOSP Treble Oreo :
- First of all, EMUI 8 on Honor 8 Pro
- Also you need to Unlock Bootloader on Honor 8 Pro
- Now flash the system image via fastboot mode.
- Download the ADB fastboot tool on your computer
- Move the system image into adb fastboot extracted folder.
- Open the ADB fastboot folder, Open the command window, by pressing the shift key and right mouse click on the folder blank space.
- Type the following command to flash the system image:
fastboot flash system system.img
- Now boot into Stock Recovery, Here is the method to boot into Recovery.
- Perform a factory reset and enjoy the Android Oreo Treble ROM on Honor 8 Pro.
Find all Android 8.0 Oreo Tips and Tricks to enable picture in picture feature WiFi issue and Other Most advanced features, tricks, and tips.
[su_button url="https://www.getdroidtips.com/tag/android-8-0-oreo-tips/" target="blank" style="flat" background="#3b4193" color="#ffffff" size="7" center="yes" icon="icon: check-square-o" text_shadow="0px 0px 0px #fa6512"]Click To Find More Tips and Tricks[/su_button]
[su_heading size="16" align="left"]CHECK POPULAR POST[/su_heading]
- Official and Unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 Device List and Download Link
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- List of MIUI 9 Supported Devices – Official and Unofficial
- List of All AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device
That’s it! I hope you have installed the Oreo Treble ROM on Honor 8 pro. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.