Asus ZenFone 6 (codename: I01WD) launched in May 2019. The phone came out of the box with Android 9.0 Pie. If you have bought this device and want to install try AOSPExtended ROM based on Android 11 R, then you are in the right place. Here we will guide you on how you can download and install the latest version of AOSPExtended on Asus ZenFone 6 (I01WD) based on Android 11.0. To install the custom ROM, you have to unlock the bootloader and install the latest TWRP Recovery on it. To start with, let’s first understand What is AOSPextended.
Table of Contents
What is AOSPExtended ROM
AOSP Extended is an AOSP based ROM that provides stock UI/UX with various customization features along with the Substratum theme engine. The project has been made by cherry-picking various commits from various other projects. Being based on AOSP it provides a smooth and lag-free experience out of the box.
AOSP Extended is based on the Android Open Source Project (AOSP), which means that its UI is no different from stock Android on the Pixel phones. The focus of the ROM is not on the UI; it’s about making more features available for the smartphone with regular updates and support.
Steps to Install AOSPExtended for Asus ZenFone 6 (I01WD)
To install any custom ROM, you need to follow the pre-required details.
- Supported: Asus ZenFone 6 (I01WD)
- Note: Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Required Drivers: Download Asus USB Drivers
- Unlock Bootloader: You need to Unlock the bootloader on your device.
- TWRP Recovery: To flash this, You need TWRP Recovery on Asus ZenFone 6 [Watch Video]
- Backup using TWRP: Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP
- Download AospExtended ROM:
- Download Gapps:
Instructions to Install:
- First of all, Download and move the both ROM and Gapps zip file to internal storage [root folder]
- Now boot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Tap on the Install Button on your TWRP menu
- Look for the installation zip file in the internal storage [ROM and Gapps]
- First, install the ROM by tapping on the AOSPExtended zip file
- Now swipe to confirm the flash and that’s it! You have successfully flashed the AOSPExtended on your Asus ZenFone 6.
- Now flash the Gapps zip file by tapping the Install button again and select the Gapps zip file
- Now confirm by swiping
- That’s it! You can reboot your device to enjoy!
That’s it! I hope you have installed the AOSPExtended for Asus ZenFone 6 (I01WD). Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.
- Download And Install AOSP Android 11 for Asus ZenFone 6
- Download and Install Lineage OS 17.1 for Asus Zenfone 6 based on Android 10
- List of Best Custom ROM for Asus ZenFone 6 [Updated]
- Asus Zenfone 6 Stock Firmware Collections [Back to Stock ROM/Restore]
- How To Root and Install TWRP Recovery On Asus Zenfone 6