Leagoo Power 5 launched in March 2018. The phone came out of the box with Android 8.1 Oreo. If you can’t wait to try the new Android 9.0 Pie, then here you can try this custom ROM based on AOSP Android 9.0 Pie for Leagoo Power 5 known as AOSPExtended. Now you can download and install AOSPExtended for Leagoo Power 5.
Talking about the specifications, Leagoo Power 5 features a 5.99-inch IPS display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2160 Pixels. It is powered by MediaTek Helio P23 MT6763V, 64-bit Processor coupled with 6GB of RAM. The phone packs 64GB internal memory with an expandable storage support of 128GB via microSD card. The camera on the Leagoo Power 5 comes with a dual 13MP + 5MP rear camera with dual-LED dual-tone flash and 13MP front camera for selfies. It is backed by a Non-Removable 7,000 mAh Lithium-Polymer Battery. Leagoo Power 5 also has a fingerprint sensor on the back.
Table of Contents
What is AOSPExtended ROM
AOSP Extended is an AOSP based ROM which provides stock UI/UX with various customizations features along with the Substratum theme engine. The project has been made by cherry-picking various commits from various other projects. Being based on AOSP it provides a smooth and lag-free experience out of the box.
AOSP Extended is based on the Android Open Source Project (AOSP), which means that its UI is no different from stock Android on the Pixel phones. The focus of the ROM is not on the UI; it’s about making more features available for the smartphone with regular updates and support.
Here we have the Android 9.0 Pie supported AOSPExtended ROM. You can now download and install the latest AOSPExtended for Leagoo Power 5 based on Android 9.0 Pie. The ROM is stable and can be used as a daily driver.
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
- How to Install Stock Firmware on Leagoo Power 5 [Flash ROM file]
- How to Install TWRP Recovery on Leagoo Power 5 and Root your Phone
- List of Best Custom ROM for Leagoo Power 5 [Updated]
Steps to Install AOSPExtended for Leagoo Power 5
To install any custom ROM, you need to follow the pre-required details.
- Supported: Leagoo Power 5 (Don’t Try this on Any other device):
- Note: Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Required Drivers: Download Leagoo USB Drivers
- Unlock Bootloader: You need to Unlock bootloader on your device.
- TWRP Recovery: To flash this, You need TWRP Recovery on Leagoo Power 5 [Watch Video]
- Backup using TWRP: Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP
- Download AospExtended ROM: Download
- Download Gapps: Android 9.0 Pie Gapps || or try Open Gapps 9.0
Instructions to Install:
- First of all, Download and move the both ROM and Gapps zip file to internal storage [root folder]
- Now boot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Tap on the Install Button on your TWRP menu
- Look for the installation zip file in the internal storage [ROM and Gapps]
- First, install the ROM by tapping on the AOSPExtended zip file
- Now swipe to confirm the flash and that’s it! You have successfully flashed the AOSPExtended on your Leagoo Power 5.
- Now flash the Gapps zip file by tapping the Install button again and select the Gapps zip file
- Now confirm by swiping
- That’s it! You can reboot your device to enjoy!
That’s it! I hope you have installed the AOSPExtended for Leagoo Power 5. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.