Motorola Moto E 2020 (codename: ginna) launched in June 2020. The phone came out of the box with Android 10 Q. If you have bought this device and want to install try AOSPExtended ROM based on Android 11 R, then you are in the right place. Here we will guide on how you can download and install the latest version of AOSPExtended on Moto E 2020 (ginna) based on Android 11 R. To install the custom ROM, you have to unlock the bootloader and install latest TWRP Recovery on it. To start with, let’s first understand What is AOSPextended.
Table of Contents
What is AOSPExtended ROM
AOSP Extended is an AOSP based ROM that provides stock UI/UX with various customizations features along with the Substratum theme engine. The project has been made by cherry-picking various commits from various other projects. Being based on AOSP it provides a smooth and lag-free experience out of the box.
AOSP Extended is based on the Android Open Source Project (AOSP), which means that its UI is no different from stock Android on the Pixel phones. The focus of the ROM is not on the UI; it’s about making more features available for the smartphone with regular updates and support.
Android 11 and It’s Features:
Well, Android 11, Google’s 11th iteration looks similar to Android 10 but with a handful of new features and changes. The update brings notification history, Chat bubbles, Conversation notifications, screen recorder, new media controls, smart device controls, one-time permission, improved dark theme with the scheduling system, app suggestions, wireless android auto, and many more. For more, check out our article Android 11 supported list, Android 11 Custom ROM list, best Android 11 features, and many more.
- Download and Install Lineage OS 18.1 on Motorola Moto E 2020 (Android 11)
- Common Problems in Motorola Moto E 2020 and Solutions – Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Camera, SIM, and More
- How to Install Stock ROM on Moto E 2020 (Firmware Guide)
- How to Install Official TWRP Recovery on Motorola Moto E 2020 and Root it
Steps to Install AOSPExtended for Moto E 2020 (ginna)
To install any custom ROM, you need to follow the pre-required details.
- Supported: Moto E 2020 (ginna)
- Note: Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Required Drivers: Download Motorola USB Drivers
- Unlock Bootloader: You need to Unlock bootloader on your device.
- TWRP Recovery: To flash this, You need TWRP Recovery on Moto E 2020 [Watch Video]
- Backup using TWRP: Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP
- Download AospExtended ROM: Download Here
- Download Gapps:
Instructions to Install:
- First of all, Download and move the both ROM and Gapps zip file to internal storage [root folder]
- Now boot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Tap on the Install Button on your TWRP menu
- Look for the installation zip file in the internal storage [ROM and Gapps]
- First, install the ROM by tapping on the AOSPExtended zip file
- Now swipe to confirm the flash and that’s it! You have successfully flashed the AOSPExtended on your Moto E 2020.
- Now flash the Gapps zip file by tapping the Install button again and select the Gapps zip file
- Now confirm by swiping
- That’s it! You can reboot your device to enjoy!
That’s it! I hope you have installed the AOSPExtended for Moto E 2020 (ginna) . Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.