Motorola Moto Z Play (codename: addison) launched in September 2015. The phone came out of the box with Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow and later upgrade to Android 8.0 Oreo. If you can’t wait to try the new Android 8.1 Oreo, then here you can try this custom ROM based on AOSP Android 8.1 Oreo for Moto Z Play known as AOSPExtended. Now you can download and install AOSPExtended Oreo on Moto Z Play.
AOSP Extended is an AOSP based rom which provides stock UI/UX with various customisations features along with the Substratum theme engine. The project has been made by cherry-picking various commits from various other projects. Being based on AOSP it provides a smooth and lag-free experience out of the box.
Talking about the specifications, Moto Z Play features a 5.5-inches display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. It is powered by Qualcomm MSM8953 Snapdragon 625 processor coupled with 3GB of RAM. The phone packs 32GB internal memory. The camera on the Moto Z Play comes with 16MP and 5MP front shooting camera. It is backed by a Non-removable Li-Ion 3510 mAh battery with Fast battery charging. It also has Fingerprint sensor in the front.
How To Install AOSPExtended Oreo on Moto Z Play
AOSP Extended is based on the Android Open Source Project (AOSP), which means that its UI is no different from stock Android on the Pixel phones. The focus of the ROM is not on the UI; it’s about making more features available for the smartphone with regular updates and support.
Now you can download and install the AOSP Android 8.1 Oreo for Moto Z Play. Along with Android 8.1 Oreo features, The update also adds the latest November Security Patch.
Here you can download and install the latest AOSPExtended ROM for Moto Z Play based on Android 8.1 Oreo. The ROM is stable and can be used as a daily driver.
Changes and Update to Android 8.1 Oreo:
To install this ROM on Moto Z Play, First of all, you need to Unlock Bootloader on your device, and then Install TWRP Recovery. If you already have TWRP, then you can simply follow the below guide to Install TWRP Recovery. We also shared officially Supported device list of Android Oreo and also Supported device list of Lineage OS 15.0.
- This will work on Moto Z Play (Don’t Try this on Any other device):
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- You will lose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery.
- You can also backup all your apps using Titanium Backup or backup complete without Root
- Watch Full Video on How to Install TWRP on any Android Phone.
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
- How To Install Lineage OS 15 For Moto Z Play (addison)
- Update Resurrection Remix Oreo on Motorola Moto Z Play (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- Download and Install Android 8.1 Oreo on Motorola Moto Z Play
- List of Best Custom ROM for Motorola Moto Z Play [Updated]
- How To Root And Install Official TWRP For Moto Z Play
Here Is The Full Guide On How To Install AOSPExtended Oreo on Moto Z Play:
- Now install TWRP Recovery for Moto Z Play. Watch Full Video on How to Install TWRP on any Android Phone.
- Download the below Android 8.1 Oreo for Moto Z Play.
- Now boot into TWRP Recovery, Here is the method to boot into Recovery.
Required ROM FILES
CHECK POPULAR POST
- Official and Unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 Device List and Download Link
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- List of MIUI 9 Supported Devices – Official and Unofficial
- List of All AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device
Find all Android 8.0 Oreo Tips and Tricks to enable picture in picture feature WiFi issue and Other Most advanced features, tricks, and tips.
[su_button url="https://www.getdroidtips.com/tag/android-8-0-oreo-tips/" target="blank" style="flat" background="#3b4193" color="#ffffff" size="7" center="yes" icon="icon: check-square-o" text_shadow="0px 0px 0px #fa6512"]Click To Find More Tips and Tricks[/su_button]
That’s it! I hope you have installed the AOSPExtended Oreo on Moto Z Play. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.