OnePlus 6 (codename: enchilada) launched in May 2018. The phone came out of the box with Android 8.1 Oreo. If you have bought this device and want to install try AOSPExtended ROM based on Android 11 R, then you are in the right place. Here we will guide on how you can download and install the latest version of AOSPExtended on OnePlus 6 (enchilada) based on Android 11 R. To install the custom ROM, you have to unlock the bootloader and install latest TWRP Recovery on it. To start with, let’s first understand What is AOSPextended.
After the success of OnePlus 5T, OnePlus has finally launched their new successor OnePlus 6. With the OnePlus 6, the company has stepped further with the design and build quality. The notch at the top of the edge-to-edge display and glass design in the back. OnePlus 6 features a 6.28-inch AMOLED display with 2280 X 1080 pixels resolution. OP 6 camera section packs a really powerful 20 MP +16 MP vertical dual camera on the rear end. It also has a 16-MP front face camera. The camera has features like OIS, super slo-mo and portrait mode. Out-of-the-box OnePlus 6 runs on OxygenOS Android 8.1. Oreo.
What is AOSPExtended ROM
AOSP Extended is an AOSP based ROM that provides stock UI/UX with various customizations features along with the Substratum theme engine. The project has been made by cherry-picking various commits from various other projects. Being based on AOSP it provides a smooth and lag-free experience out of the box.
AOSP Extended is based on the Android Open Source Project (AOSP), which means that its UI is no different from stock Android on the Pixel phones. The focus of the ROM is not on the UI; it’s about making more features available for the smartphone with regular updates and support.
Android 11 and It’s Features:
Well, Android 11, Google’s 11th iteration looks similar to Android 10 but with a handful of new features and changes. The update brings notification history, Chat bubbles, Conversation notifications, screen recorder, new media controls, smart device controls, one-time permission, improved dark theme with the scheduling system, app suggestions, wireless android auto, and many more. For more, check out our article Android 11 supported list, Android 11 Custom ROM list, best Android 11 features, and many more.
- How to Root and Install Official TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 6
- OnePlus 6 Stock Firmware Collections (Back to Stock ROM/Restore)
- Download and Install Lineage OS 18.1 on OnePlus 6 and 6T (Android 11)
- Download And Install AOSP Android 11 for OnePlus 6 and 6T
- List of Best Custom ROM for OnePlus 6 [Updated]
Steps to Install AOSPExtended for OnePlus 6 (enchilada)
To install any custom ROM, you need to follow the pre-required details.
- Supported: OnePlus 6 (enchilada)
- Note: Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Required Drivers: Download OnePlus USB Drivers
- Unlock Bootloader: You need to Unlock bootloader on your device.
- TWRP Recovery: To flash this, You need TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 6 [Watch Video]
- Backup using TWRP: Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP
- Download AospExtended ROM: Download Here
- Download Gapps:
Instructions to Install:
- First of all, Download and move the both ROM and Gapps zip file to internal storage [root folder]
- Now boot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Tap on the Install Button on your TWRP menu
- Look for the installation zip file in the internal storage [ROM and Gapps]
- First, install the ROM by tapping on the AOSPExtended zip file
- Now swipe to confirm the flash and that’s it! You have successfully flashed the AOSPExtended on your OnePlus 6.
- Now flash the Gapps zip file by tapping the Install button again and select the Gapps zip file
- Now confirm by swiping
- That’s it! You can reboot your device to enjoy!
That’s it! I hope you have installed the AOSPExtended for OnePlus 6 (enchilada) . Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.