Xiaomi Mi Note 3 (Codename: jason) launched in September 2017. The phone came out of the box with Android 7.1 Nougat. If you can’t wait to try the new Android 9.0 Pie, then here you can try this custom ROM based on AOSP Android 9.0 Pie for Xiaomi Mi Note 3 known as AOSPExtended. Now you can download and install AOSPExtended on Xiaomi Mi Note 3 (jason).
Talking about the specifications, Xiaomi Mi Note 3 features a 5.7-inches display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. The smartphone is powered by Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor coupled with 6GB of RAM. The phone packs 64/128GB internal memory. The camera on the Xiaomi Mi Note 3 comes with Dual 12MP rear Camera with phase detection autofocus and dual-LED (dual tone) flash and 8MP front shooting camera with autofocus. Xiaomi Mi Note 3 runs on Android 7.1 Nougat out of the box and a Non-removable Li-Ion 4000 mAh battery. It also has a Fingerprint sensor in the front. The handset supports dual sim with 4G on both slots. It comes with connectivity options such as Bluetooth, Wifi, USB OTG, FM, 3G, and 4G.
Table of Contents
What is AOSPExtended ROM
AOSP Extended is an AOSP based ROM which provides stock UI/UX with various customizations features along with the Substratum theme engine. The project has been made by cherry-picking various commits from various other projects. Being based on AOSP it provides a smooth and lag-free experience out of the box.
AOSP Extended is based on the Android Open Source Project (AOSP), which means that its UI is no different from stock Android on the Pixel phones. The focus of the ROM is not on the UI; it’s about making more features available for the smartphone with regular updates and support.
Here we have both the Android 9.0 Pie and 8.1 Oreo supported AOSPExtended ROM. You can now download and install the latest AOSPExtended on Xiaomi Mi Note 3 based on Android 9.0 Pie and 8.1 Oreo. The ROM is stable and can be used as a daily driver.
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
What’s on AOSPExtended 8.1 Oreo?
To learn what’s on AOSPExtended 8.1 Oreo, watch our complete review video about the same:
- Xiaomi Mi Note 3 Stock Firmware Collections [Back to Stock ROM/Bootloop]
- List of Best Custom ROM for Xiaomi Mi Note 3 [Updated]
- Common Xiaomi Mi Note 3 Problems and Fixes: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Charging, Battery and more
- Download and Install Lineage OS 16 on Xiaomi Mi Note 3 (Android 9.0 Pie)
- How To Root And Install TWRP Recovery For Xiaomi Mi Note 3
Steps to Install AOSPExtended on Xiaomi Mi Note 3
To install any custom ROM, you need to follow the pre-required details.
- Supported: Xiaomi Mi Note 3 (Don’t Try this on Any other device):
- Note: Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Required Drivers: Download Xiaomi USB Drivers.
- Unlock Bootloader: You need to Unlock bootloader on your device.
- TWRP Recovery: To flash this, You need TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi Note 3 [Watch Video]
- Backup using TWRP: Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP
- Download AospExtended ROM: Android 8.1 Oreo | Android 9.0 Pie [Credits: Sazuyuki]
- Download Gapps: Android 9.0 Pie Gapps || or try Open Gapps 9.0
Instructions to Install:
- First of all, Download and move the both ROM and Gapps zip file to internal storage [root folder]
- Now boot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Tap on the Install Button on your TWRP menu
- Look for the installation zip file in the internal storage [ROM and Gapps]
- First, install the ROM by tapping on the AOSPExtended zip file
- Now swipe to confirm the flash and that’s it! You have successfully flashed the AOSPExtended on your Xiaomi Mi Note 3.
- Now flash the Gapps zip file by tapping the Install button again and select the Gapps zip file
- Now confirm by swiping
- That’s it! You can reboot your device to enjoy!
That’s it! I hope you have installed the AOSPExtended on Xiaomi Mi Note 3. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.