Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (codename: vince) was launched in February 2018. The phone came out of the box with Android 7.1.2 Nougat. If you can't wait to try the new Android 9.0 Pie, then here you can try this custom ROM based on AOSP Android 9.0 Pie for Redmi Note 5 known as AOSPExtended. Now you can download and install AOSPExtended for Redmi Note 5 (vince).
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 is a dual SIM smartphone released in February 2018. The phone comes with a 5.99-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080 pixels by 2160 pixels. It is powered by 2 GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 processor. It runs on 3 GB of RAM. The phone packs 32 GB of internal storage that can be expanded up to 32 GB. This smartphone brings a 12-megapixel rear primary camera and a 5-megapixel front face camera.
What is AOSPExtended ROM
AOSP Extended is an AOSP based ROM which provides stock UI/UX with various customizations features along with the Substratum theme engine. The project has been made by cherry-picking various commits from various other projects. Being based on AOSP it provides a smooth and lag-free experience out of the box.
AOSP Extended is based on the Android Open Source Project (AOSP), which means that its UI is no different from stock Android on the Pixel phones. The focus of the ROM is not on the UI; it's about making more features available for the smartphone with regular updates and support.
Here we have the Android 9.0 Pie supported AOSPExtended ROM. You can now download and install the latest AOSPExtended for Redmi Note 5 based on Android 9.0 Pie. The ROM is stable and can be used as a daily driver.
What's on Android 9.0 Pie?
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google's Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
- How to Install Android 8.1 Oreo on Xiaomi Redmi Note 5
- How to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (vince)
- Common Redmi Note 5 Problems and Fixes - Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Camera, SIM, and More
- How to Install Lineage OS 15.1 for Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- List of Best Custom ROM for Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 [Updated]
Steps to Install AOSPExtended for Redmi Note 5
To install any custom ROM, you need to follow the pre-required details.
- Supported: Redmi Note 5 (Don’t Try this on Any other device):
- Note: Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Required Drivers: Download Xiaomi USB Drivers.
- Unlock Bootloader: You need to Unlock bootloader on your device.
- TWRP Recovery: To flash this, You need TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 5 [Watch Video]
- Backup using TWRP: Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP
- Download AospExtended ROM: Download Here / Mirror
- Download Gapps: Android 9.0 Pie Gapps || or try Open Gapps 9.0
Instructions to Install:
- First of all, Download and move the both ROM and Gapps zip file to internal storage [root folder]
- Now boot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Tap on the Install Button on your TWRP menu
- Look for the installation zip file in the internal storage [ROM and Gapps]
- First, install the ROM by tapping on the AOSPExtended zip file
- Now swipe to confirm the flash and that's it! You have successfully flashed the AOSPExtended on your Redmi Note 5.
- Now flash the Gapps zip file by tapping the Install button again and select the Gapps zip file
- Now confirm by swiping
- That's it! You can reboot your device to enjoy!
That's it! I hope you have installed the AOSPExtended for Redmi Note 5. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.