Google Pixel XL (marlin) was launched in October 2016. The phone came out of the box with Android 7.1 Nougat and later upgrade to Android 9.0 Pie. If you can’t wait to try the new Android 9.0 Pie, then here you can try this custom ROM based on AOSP Android 9.0 Pie for Pixel XL known as AOSPExtended. Now you can download and install AOSPExtended for Pixel XL.
Talking about the specifications, Google Pixel XL features a 5.5-inches display with a screen resolution of 1440 x 2560 pixels. It is powered by Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 821 processor coupled with 4GB of RAM. The phone packs 32/128GB internal memory. The camera on the Google Pixel XL comes with 12.3MP and 8MP front shooting camera. It is backed by a Non-removable Li-Ion 3450 mAh battery with Fast battery charging. It also has Fingerprint sensor on the back.
What is AOSPExtended ROM
AOSP Extended is an AOSP based ROM which provides stock UI/UX with various customizations features along with the Substratum theme engine. The project has been made by cherry-picking various commits from various other projects. Being based on AOSP it provides a smooth and lag-free experience out of the box.
AOSP Extended is based on the Android Open Source Project (AOSP), which means that its UI is no different from stock Android on the Pixel phones. The focus of the ROM is not on the UI; it’s about making more features available for the smartphone with regular updates and support.
Here we have the Android 9.0 Pie supported AOSPExtended ROM. You can now download and install the latest AOSPExtended for Pixel XL based on Android 9.0 Pie. The ROM is stable and can be used as a daily driver.
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
- Download and Install AOSP Android 10 Q for Google Pixel XL
- How To Install TWRP Recovery On Pixel and Pixel XL
- List of Best Custom ROM for Pixel XL and Pixel XL [Updated]
- Download and Install Lineage OS 17.1 for Google Pixel XL based on Android 10 Q
Steps to Install AOSPExtended for Pixel XL
To install any custom ROM, you need to follow the pre-required details.
- Supported: Pixel XL (Don’t Try this on Any other device):
- Note: Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Required Drivers: Download Google USB Drivers
- Unlock Bootloader: You need to Unlock bootloader on your device.
- TWRP Recovery: To flash this, You need TWRP Recovery on Pixel XL [Watch Video]
- Backup using TWRP: Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP
- Download AospExtended ROM: Download Here
- Download Gapps: Android 9.0 Pie Gapps || or try Open Gapps 9.0
Instructions to Install:
- First of all, Download and move the both ROM and Gapps zip file to internal storage [root folder]
- Now boot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Tap on the Install Button on your TWRP menu
- Look for the installation zip file in the internal storage [ROM and Gapps]
- First, install the ROM by tapping on the AOSPExtended zip file
- Now swipe to confirm the flash and that’s it! You have successfully flashed the AOSPExtended on your Pixel XL.
- Now flash the Gapps zip file by tapping the Install button again and select the Gapps zip file
- Now confirm by swiping
- That’s it! You can reboot your device to enjoy!
That’s it! I hope you have installed the AOSPExtended for Pixel XL. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.