Asus Zenfone 2 Laser (Z00L/Z00T) was launched in August 2015. The handset came with Android 5.0 Lollipop. If you can’t wait to try the new Android 9.0 Pie, then here you can try this custom ROM based on AOSP Android 9.0 Pie for Asus Zenfone 2 Laser known as AOSPExtended. Now you can download and install AOSPExtended for Asus Zenfone 2 Laser.
Table of Contents
What is AOSPExtended ROM
AOSP Extended is an AOSP based ROM which provides stock UI/UX with various customizations features along with the Substratum theme engine. The project has been made by cherry-picking various commits from various other projects. Being based on AOSP it provides a smooth and lag-free experience out of the box.
AOSP Extended is based on the Android Open Source Project (AOSP), which means that its UI is no different from stock Android on the Pixel phones. The focus of the ROM is not on the UI; it’s about making more features available for the smartphone with regular updates and support.
Talking about the specifications, Asus Zenfone 2 Laser features a 5-inch with a screen resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels. It is powered by Qualcomm MSM8916 Snapdragon 410 28nm Processor coupled with 2GB of RAM. The phone packs 8/16GB internal memory with an expandable storage support of 256GB via microSD card. The camera on the Asus Zenfone 2 Laser comes with 13MP rear camera with dual-LED dual-tone flash and 5MP front camera for selfies. It is backed by a Non-Removable Li-Poly 2400 mAh battery.
Here we have the Android 9.0 Pie supported AOSPExtended ROM. You can now download and install the latest AOSPExtended for Asus Zenfone 2 Laser based on Android 9.0 Pie. The ROM is stable and can be used as a daily driver.
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.Watch the video about AOSPExtended 9.0 Review
- Download Android 9.0 Pie update for Asus Zenfone 2 Laser
- How To Install Lineage OS 16 on Asus Zenfone 2 Laser (Android 9.0 Pie)
- How To Root And Official Install TWRP Recovery For Asus Zenfone 2 Laser
- Download and Install Lineage OS 17.1 for Asus Zenfone 2 Laser based on Android 10 Q
Steps to Install AOSPExtended for Asus Zenfone 2 Laser
To install any custom ROM, you need to follow the pre-required details.
- Supported: Asus Zenfone 2 Laser (Don’t Try this on Any other device):
- Note: Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Required Drivers: Download Asus USB Drivers
- Unlock Bootloader: You need to Unlock bootloader on your device.
- TWRP Recovery: To flash this, You need TWRP Recovery on Asus Zenfone 2 Laser [Watch Video]
- Backup using TWRP: Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP
- Download AospExtended ROM:
- Download Gapps: Android 9.0 Pie Gapps || or try Open Gapps 9.0
Instructions to Install:
- First of all, Download and move the both ROM and Gapps zip file to internal storage [root folder]
- Now boot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Tap on the Install Button on your TWRP menu
- Look for the installation zip file in the internal storage [ROM and Gapps]
- First, install the ROM by tapping on the AOSPExtended zip file
- Now swipe to confirm the flash and that’s it! You have successfully flashed the AOSPExtended on your Asus Zenfone 2 Laser.
- Now flash the Gapps zip file by tapping the Install button again and select the Gapps zip file
- Now confirm by swiping
- That’s it! You can reboot your device to enjoy!
That’s it! I hope you have installed the AOSPExtended for Asus Zenfone 2 Laser. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.