Motorola Moto G 2015 (osprey) was launched in July 2015. The phone came out of the box with Android 5.1.1 Lollipop and later upgrade to Android 6.0 Marshmallow. If you can’t wait to try the new Android 9.0 Pie, then here you can try this custom ROM based on AOSP Android 9.0 Pie for Moto G 2015 known as AOSPExtended. Now you can download and install AOSPExtended for Moto G 2015.
Talking about the specifications, Moto G 2015 features a 5.0-inches display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. It is powered by Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 821 processor coupled with 4GB of RAM. The phone packs 32/128GB internal memory. The camera on the Moto G 2015 comes with 12.3MP and 8MP front shooting camera. It is backed by a Non-removable Li-Ion 2770 mAh battery with Fast battery charging. It also has a Fingerprint sensor on the back.
Table of Contents
What is AOSPExtended ROM
AOSP Extended is an AOSP based ROM which provides stock UI/UX with various customizations features along with the Substratum theme engine. The project has been made by cherry-picking various commits from various other projects. Being based on AOSP it provides a smooth and lag-free experience out of the box.
AOSP Extended is based on the Android Open Source Project (AOSP), which means that its UI is no different from stock Android on the Pixel phones. The focus of the ROM is not on the UI; it’s about making more features available for the smartphone with regular updates and support.
Here we have the Android 9.0 Pie supported AOSPExtended ROM. You can now download and install the latest AOSPExtended for Moto G 2015 based on Android 9.0 Pie. The ROM is stable and can be used as a daily driver.
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
- Download and Install Lineage OS 17.1 for Motorola Moto G 2015 based on Android 10 Q
- How To Root And Install TWRP Recovery For Moto G 2015 (osprey) (Moto G3)
- Download and Install AOSP Android 10 Q for Motorola Moto G 2015
Steps to Install AOSPExtended for Moto G 2015
To install any custom ROM, you need to follow the pre-required details.
- Supported: Moto G 2015 (Don’t Try this on Any other device):
- Note: Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Required Drivers: Download Motorola USB Drivers.
- Unlock Bootloader: You need to Unlock bootloader on your device.
- TWRP Recovery: To flash this, You need TWRP Recovery on Moto G 2015 [Watch Video]
- Backup using TWRP: Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP
- Download AospExtended ROM: Download Here
- Download Gapps: Android 9.0 Pie Gapps || or try Open Gapps 9.0
Instructions to Install:
- First of all, Download and move the both ROM and Gapps zip file to internal storage [root folder]
- Now boot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Tap on the Install Button on your TWRP menu
- Look for the installation zip file in the internal storage [ROM and Gapps]
- First, install the ROM by tapping on the AOSPExtended zip file
- Now swipe to confirm the flash and that’s it! You have successfully flashed the AOSPExtended on your Moto G 2015.
- Now flash the Gapps zip file by tapping the Install button again and select the Gapps zip file
- Now confirm by swiping
- That’s it! You can reboot your device to enjoy!
That’s it! I hope you have installed the AOSPExtended for Moto G 2015. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.