Updated on October 16, 2017: After the release of Android Oreo AOSP Source code, The developer community has started working hard to get the stable version of Android 8.0 Oreo for all Android devices. We had recently updated Lineage OS 15.0 for Lenovo Vibe K5/K5 Plus based on Android Oreo. Now finally we are also getting the latest Custom ROM AOSPExtended for Lenovo Vibe K5/K5 Plus based on Android 8.0 Oreo. The build is an alpha stage, though we don’t recommend to flash the ROM, you can give a try in case if you want. This ROM comes with AOSPExtended 5.0 for Lenovo Vibe K5/K5 Plus (A6020). The link is below to download AOSPExtended Oreo for Lenovo Vibe K5/K5 Plus.
If you don’t want to try, then below is the full official AOSPExtended 4.6 for Lenovo Vibe K5/K5 Plus. Now download either Oreo AOSPExtended or Nougat AOSPExtended below.
What’s in Android 8.0 Oreo and it’s feature:
Android 8.0 Oreo is the latest and 8th major version of the Android mobile operating system after the release of Android Nougat. The latest features of Android Oreo includes New app notifications, notification dots on app icons, picture-in-picture mode, Android Instant App compatibility, Auto-fill (like on Chrome), Better copy and paste, Faster Android behind the scenes, Better battery life with more advanced Doze mode, and much more.
- Picture In A Picture – Videos will switch to smaller, minimized versions when you navigate to other apps. This feature is similar to what a YouTube video does in the YouTube mobile app when you drag it to the corner.
- Multi-Display Support – This feature would provide you with the ability to launch an activity, say, Chrome, on a remote display like your HDTV or PC display. The potential applications for this feature are endless.
- Background Limits – This feature will let you set a limit to what an app can do while it’s operating in the background. You can use this to conserve power and in turn get more battery life.
- New Wi-Fi Features – This new Android version would include more Wi-Fi features like Neighborhood Aware Networking (NAN), which makes it easy for devices to connect with one another without an internet access point or internet access at all.
- Notifications Channels – This feature provides the ability to group notifications from numerous apps into one channel. This means you can group notifications for certain apps together and make it easier for the management of notifications.
How to Install Custom ROM AOSPExtended For Lenovo Vibe K5/K5 Plus (A6020)
Now you can upgrade to Official AOSPExtended For Lenovo Vibe K5/K5 Plus (A6020). This means you will have a taste of latest Android 7.1.2 Nougat before the official release Stock Nougat for Lenovo Vibe K5/K5 Plus. To Install AOSPExtended ROM V4.6 or any custom ROM, you first need to install TWRP Recovery on Lenovo Vibe K5/K5 Plus. This ROM is developed by AOSPExtended team developer. Full Credits to them.
Good News for all Lenovo Vibe K5/K5 Plus Owners. Now we have a new Custom ROM based on Android 7.1.2 Nougat called AOSPExtended For Lenovo Vibe K5/K5 Plus (A6020). Follow the below guide on How to Install Custom ROM Install AOSPExtended ROM V4.6 For Lenovo Vibe K5/K5 Plus (A6020). This ROM has built from Lineage OS 14.1 base and contains all the bugs from Lineage OS 14.1. If you are a fan of Custom ROM, then try this ROM which has all the handpicked features from Lineage, CM, AOKP, etc. in one single packed ROM called AOSPExtended ROM V4.6. Check the full differences between Stock and Custom ROM here.
The ROM is based on Android 7.1.2 Nougat with many Custom features from Install AOSPExtended For Lenovo Vibe K5/K5 Plus. Install the Official Build of AOSPExtended ROM V4.6 on Lenovo Vibe K5/K5 Plus based Android 7.1.2 Nougat.
Remember this is a stable build of Official AOSPExtended ROM For Lenovo Vibe K5/K5 Plus. If you want to try AOSPExtended ROM V4.6, then head down to the below guide or steps on How to Install Official Install AOSPExtended ROM V4.6 OS For Lenovo Vibe K5/K5 Plus.
With the new AOSPExtended ROM V4.6, you can enjoy all the latest features which come with Android 7.1.2 Nougat as well as LineageOS, AOKP, CM, and other custom ROM features. The ROM is Stable enough to use it as a daily driver. Now Download the Android 7.1.2 Nougat AOSPExtended ROM V4.6 for Lenovo Vibe K5/K5 Plus. You need a Custom Recovery like TWRP to Install Official AOSPExtended ROM V4.6 OS For Lenovo Vibe K5/K5 Plus.
About AOSPExtended ROM V4.6:
AOSP Extended is an AOSP based ROM which provides stock UI/UX with various customizations features along with the Substratum theme engine. Chey-picking many commits have made the project from various other projects. Being based on AOSP, it provides a smooth and lag-free experience out of the box. We will continually try to add more features and make it even better in future updates. A ROM by a user, for a user. #StayAOSP #ExtendYourDevice #BeExtended
What Is In Android 7.1.2 Nougat And Its Feature?
Android 7.1.2 Nougat comes with handful of features such as App Shortcuts, Multi Window support, restart setting to power menu, Launch the camera by pressing the power button twice, Image Keyboard support, 100 emoji added, GIF Support, Quick Reply via Notification, Notification Redesigned panel, Notifications prioritization, Enhanced Doze Mode, System UI Tuner, Customizable Quick Settings, Don Not Disturb, New Settings Panel Redesigned, Data Saver per App, seamless updates and New Emoji Support.
CHECK POPULAR POST
- Official and Unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 Device List and Download Link
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- List of MIUI 9 Supported Devices – Official and Unofficial
- List of All AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device
- This will work on Lenovo Vibe K5/K5 Plus Device, Don’t Try this in Any other device
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%
- You will lose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read! – We are not responsible for any damage that you make to your phone.
- You can also backup all your apps using Titanium Backup or you can Backup without any Root
- You must install TWRP or any Custom Recovery on your phone.
- Watch Full Video on How to Install TWRP on any Android Phone.
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
- How To Unlock Bootloader On Lenovo Vibe K5/K5 Plus (A6020)
- Download and Install Lineage OS 15 for Lenovo Vibe K5/K5 Plus
- How To Dual Boot Lenovo Vibe K5/K5 Plus/K5 Plus Using Dual Boot Patcher
- How To Install Official ViperOS For Lenovo Vibe K5/K5 Plus (Android 7.1.2 Nougat)
- How to install Official Android 7.1.2 Nougat On Lenovo Vibe K5/K5 Plus (AOKP)
- Root And Install TWRP Recovery On Lenovo Vibe K5/K5 Plus
Here is the Full Guide on How to Install AOSPExtended For Lenovo Vibe K5/K5 Plus:
- First, you need to Unlock Bootloader on Lenovo Vibe K5/K5 Plus.
- Now install TWRP Recovery using this full guide. Watch Full Video on How to Install TWRP on any Android Phone.
- Download the below AOSPExtended ROM on to your smartphone.
- Now boot into TWRP Recovery, Here is the method to boot into Recovery.
Download AOSPExtended ROM V4.6 – Android 7.1.2 Nougat (Official)
Download AOSPExtended ROM v5.0 – Android 8.0 Oreo
That’s it! I hope you have installed the AOSPExtended For Lenovo Vibe K5/K5 Plus (A6020). Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!
Credit goes to: harry8242