Finally, April 2018 security patch update for Samsung Galaxy J4 2018 which is now rolling live. Just like March Security, Samsung also started rolling the April 2018 security patch for Galaxy J4 2018 (SM-J400M). The update bumps the build number to J400MUBU1ARE3 which brings the fixes seven critical vulnerabilities that were found in the Android OS and also fixes a couple of other high and moderate-risk vulnerabilities. Yes, this update is still based on Android 8.0 Oreo. Now download and install J400MUBU1ARE3 April 2018 Security Patch on Samsung Galaxy J4 2018.
The update is rolling via OTA (Over the air) for few users in a phase-wise manner. It may take a while to reach every user around the globe. If you have not received the update, then kindly wait for the OTA notification to hit your phone or you can manually check the latest software update which upgrades the build number J400MUBU1ARE3 on Galaxy J4 2018.
Table of Contents
How to Check Software Update on Galaxy J4 2018?
- In your Galaxy J4 2018, Go to App Drawer > Open Settings > Tap on About phone > Software updates > Check for Updates.
- If your device finds a new software update, tap Download now. Once the download complete, your device will be ready to upgrade. Tap on Install update.
- Your device will reboot and wait for the installation process to complete. Tap OK. That’s it! You’ve successfully updated your software.
[su_note note_color=”#fbf5c8″ text_color=”#000000″]
Before proceeding to upgrade the Galaxy J4 2018, your phone must have enough battery backup with at least 50% battery and also enough storage to complete the installation process.
We suggest you to choose a Wi-Fi or a 4G connection to download it. Before following this, take a complete data backup to avoid any problem in case if things go wrong. After following the procedure mentioned above, you can now start downloading April 2018 Security for Samsung Galaxy J4 2018 (SM-J400M). As this update is based on Android 8.0 Oreo, it wouldn’t take a lot of time to download and install.[/su_note]
In case if still not received the J400MUBU1ARE3 build, then you can manually install the update on your Galaxy J4 2018 (SM-J400M) by using ODIN Downloader. Now there is the OTA firmware that you can manually install on your phone. We have put up the entire process to flash the J400MUBU1ARE3 update that brings the April 2018 security patch.
GetDroidTips will not be responsible for bricking or damage to your device.
Steps to Install J400MUBU1ARE3 on Galaxy J4 2018 manually:Watch The Video on How to install Stock Firmware on any Samsung Galaxy devices using ODIN
If you have not received the OTA update, rooted or installed any custom ROM, then you can simply follow this guide to the update manually by using ODIN Software. Follow the complete instruction to install new update on Samsung Galaxy J4 2018.
Required Odin and Drivers:
- Download and Install Samsung Kies Software
- Make sure to download Samsung USB Drivers and install it on your PC.
- Click to Download ODIN Software
- This ROM is supported for Galaxy J4 2018
- Download the required firmware and drivers.
- Your device must have 50% – 70% Battery.
- You need PC or Laptop to install this firmware.
- Take a Full Backup on your phone before Installing any new firmware. So make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process won’t lose your data).
- You need to Enter Samsung Download Mode.
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read! – We are not responsible for any damage.
Instructions to Install Using ODIN
To install the firmware, you must first download the required software and drivers on your PC. By following the below link, you can upgrade the OS version to J400MUBU1ARE3 on Galaxy J4 2018 SM-J400M.
I hope this guide was helpful to install April 2018 Security Patch on Galaxy J4 2018 based on Android 8.0 Oreo.