Just like its flagship, Huawei also provides timely security patches for its mid-range devices. Speaking of which, the Huawei P8 Lite 2017 (PRA) is currently getting the April 2018 security patch with EMUI 8.0. it is rolling with the build number 9.0.0.xxx and is based on Android 9.0 Pie. Of course, It is the maintenance update which fixes the numerous security issues that plague the Android every month. You can wait for the said update to come down automatically over-the-air or you can download and install April 2019 Security Patch for Huawei P8 Lite 2017.
Yes! we have put up the firmware in the download section as well. So, it means you can download it and install the Huawei P8 Lite 2017 firmware on your own. For installation, you can use the usual HurUpdater or dload method. For that, check out our tutorial below.
How to Check Software Update on Huawei P8 Lite 2017
OTA usually knocks in automatically to the phone but sometimes these OTA updates don’t follow any routine. This means even if the update is available in some parts of your region, you may not get to see it for weeks. So, the alternative way is to search for the software on your own. To do it,
Go to device Settings –> System –> System Update –> Check for Updates —> Download Updates Manually. This will now search for the latest software update and if you see it’s available, then to download it.
The software for April 2019 may weigh a lot in size. So, the ideal way is to find and connect to a Wi-Fi network. Then download the OTA via Wi-Fi. It will save your carrier data charges. Remember to charge up your device up to 50% or more before installing the new April security update.
- Device Name: Huawei P8 Lite 2017
- Model: PRA
- Security Patch Level: 01.04.2019
- Android OS: 8.0 Oreo
- EMUI Version: 8.0
- Size : 1.7 GB
- Type: Full firmware image
- Status: Official
- Integrates Google security patches released in April 2019 for improved system security. For more information on the security of Huawei EMUI system updates, please visit the official Huawei website: https://consumer.Huawei.com/en/support/bulletin/2019/4/.
Steps to Install Firmware on Huawei P8 Lite 2017
Before following the below guide on how to install April 2019 Security Patch for Huawei P8 Lite 2017, you need to follow certain requirements. Download the required files before flashing the firmware on your phone.
- Supported Device: Huawei P8 Lite 2017 [PRA]
- What you need: You need to Activate the Developer Option and Enable USB Debugging.
- Required Drivers: Download Huawei USB Drivers.
- Backup before upgrading: Take a complete backup before flashing the firmware on your phone. Here is some backup method which you can follow.
- Charge before upgrading: Make sure you have enough battery to run the upgrade process. It is recommended that the power of the battery is more than 30%.
Instructions:Method 1: Install Firmware via HuRUpdater tool
Still not able to update? then you can flash the latest update using this guide: Download Firmware for Huawei Devices with Huawei Firmware Finder
We have also shared useful extraction trick to Extract and Install the Update.app file from Huawei Firmware package.