Motorola Moto E 2015 (surnia) launched in February 2015. The phone came out of the box with Android 5.1 Lollipop and later upgrade to Android 6.0 Marshmallow. Now you can install the Custom ROM called ArrowOS on Moto E 2015. The ROM is based on Android 9.0 Pie. Full Credits to the developer and the team behind ArrowOS.
To install ArrowOS on Moto E 2015 , your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new ArrowOS on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of ArrowOS.
What is ArrowOS?
ArrowOS is a new Custom ROM and it is AOSP inspired open source project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat. The ROM brings almost the same feature which is very useful for the ROM customization and at the end aiming to deliver smooth performance with better battery life. ArrowOS is developed and managed by Bauuuuu, Ganesh Verma, Kuber Sharma.
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
- Download Official Lineage OS 17.1 for Motorola Moto E 2015 based on Android 10 Q
- How To Root And Install TWRP Recovery For Moto E 2015 (surnia/otus/otus)
- Download and Install AOSP Android 10 Q for Motorola Moto E 2015
- Download And Install AOSP Android 11 for Motorola Moto E 2015
Steps to Install ArrowOS on Moto E 2015:
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported: Moto E 2015 (surnia)
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Download Motorola USB Drivers
- Download ADB and Fastboot Drivers [Download ADB SDK Platform Tools]
- ArrowOS zip file: Download
- Download latest Gapps file:
Instructions to Install
- First of all, You need to enable the developer option and activate the OEM unlock and USB debugging.
- Now you need to unlock the bootloader on your Moto E 2015.
- Once you have unlocked, you must install the latest TWRP Recovery on Moto E 2015. [Watch Video]
- Now the guide will be easy, boot into TWRP Recovery
- You need to Decrypt and Re-Encrypt Data Partition on Moto E 2015.
- You can now take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Now you need Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- Tap on Install option and look for the downloaded ArrowOS zip file. [Guide to install Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery]
- Swipe to confirm the flashing.
- Now you need to install the Android Oreo Gapps file. (TWRP -> Install -> Select Gapps zip and swipe to flash)
- You can now reboot to enjoy ArrowOS on Moto E 2015 (surnia).
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU.zip or you can try Magisk Pie.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the ArrowOS on your device. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.
- Top 10 Features of Android 9.0 Pie Update
- Common Problems and solutions of Android 9.0 Pie
- Download Lineage OS 16: List of Supported Devices (Android 9.0 Pie)
- List of AOSP Android 9.0 Pie Custom ROM Supported devices
- Android 9.0 Pie: Supported Device List, Features and Downloads