Motorola Moto G3 Turbo (merlin) smartphone was launched in July 2015. The phone came out of the box with Android 5.1.1 Lollipop and later upgrade to Android 6.0 Marshmallow. Now you can install the Custom ROM called ArrowOS on Moto G3 Turbo. The ROM is based on Android 10 Q. Full Credits to the team behind ArrowOS.
To install ArrowOS on Moto G3 Turbo, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new ArrowOS on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of ArrowOS.
Talking about the specifications, Moto G3 Turbo features a 5.0-inches display with a screen resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels. It is powered by Qualcomm MSM8916 Snapdragon 410 processor coupled with 1/2GB of RAM. The phone packs 8/16GB internal memory. The camera on the Moto G3 Turbo comes with 13MP and 5MP front shooting camera. It is backed by a Non-removable Li-Ion 2470 mAh battery.
Table of Contents
What is ArrowOS?
ArrowOS is a new Custom ROM and it is AOSP inspired open-source project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat. The ROM brings almost the same feature which is very useful for the ROM customization and at the end aiming to deliver smooth performance with better battery life. ArrowOS is developed and managed by Bauuuuu, Ganesh Verma, Kuber Sharma.
Android 10 Q based ArrowOS
Android 10 Q is the 10th iteration of Android OS. It brings plenty of new features to the device system like system UI, new gesture navigation, improved privacy and location control. The update also offers enhanced app permissions, foldable display support, security features, system-wide dark mode, etc.
The Android 10 also offers built-in call screening, multi-camera API, smart replies in the notification panel, 5G support, improved call quality, bubble feature, live caption, and more. While the latest version also improves battery life, Focus mode which is similar to the Do Not Disturb mode, etc. Apart from that Android 10 also features 65 new emojis. It also comes with direct audio streaming support to hearing aid devices.
Steps to Install ArrowOS on Moto G3 Turbo:
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported: Moto G3 Turbo
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Download the latest Motorola USB Drivers.
- Download ADB and Fastboot Drivers [Download ADB SDK Platform Tools]
Instructions to Install
- First of all, You need to enable the developer option and activate the OEM unlock and USB debugging.
- Now you need to unlock the bootloader on your Moto G3 Turbo.
- Once you have unlocked, you must install the latest TWRP Recovery on Moto G3 Turbo. [Watch Video]
- Now the guide will be easy, boot into TWRP Recovery
- You need to Decrypt and Re-Encrypt Data Partition on Moto G3 Turbo.
- You can now take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Now you need Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- Tap on Install option and look for the downloaded ArrowOS zip file. [Guide to install Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery]
- Swipe to confirm the flashing.
- Now you need to install the Android Oreo Gapps file. (TWRP -> Install -> Select Gapps zip and swipe to flash)
- You can now reboot to enjoy ArrowOS on Moto G3 Turbo.
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU.zip or you can try Magisk.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the ArrowOS on your device. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.