Motorola Moto G5S Plus (sanders) smartphone was launched in August 2017. The phone came out of the box with Android 7.1 Nougat and later upgrade to Android 8.0 Oreo. Now you can install the Custom ROM called ArrowOS on Moto G5S Plus. The ROM is based on Android 11 and Android 10 Q and developed by Senior member Sai404142. Full Credits to him and the team behind ArrowOS.
To install ArrowOS on Moto G5S Plus, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new ArrowOS on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of ArrowOS.
Talking about the specifications, Moto G5S Plus features a 5.5-inches display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. It is powered by Qualcomm MSM8953 Snapdragon 625 processor coupled with 3/4GB of RAM. The phone packs 32/64GB internal memory. The camera on the Moto G5S Plus comes with Dual 13MP and 8MP front shooting camera. It is backed by a Non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery with Fast battery charging. It also has Fingerprint sensor in the front.
Table of Contents
What is ArrowOS?
ArrowOS is a new Custom ROM and it is AOSP inspired open-source project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat. The ROM brings almost the same feature which is very useful for the ROM customization and at the end aiming to deliver smooth performance with better battery life. ArrowOS is developed and managed by Bauuuuu, Ganesh Verma, Kuber Sharma.
ArrowOS 11.0 based on Android 11
Well, Android 11, Google’s 11th iteration looks similar to Android 10 but with a handful of new features and changes. The update brings notification history, Chat bubbles, Conversation notifications, screen recorder, new media controls, smart device controls, one-time permission, improved dark theme with the scheduling system, app suggestions, wireless android auto, and many more. For more, check out our article Android 11 supported list, Android 11 Custom ROM list, best Android 11 features, and many more.
Credits to Sai404142
Android 10 Q based ArrowOS
Android 10 Q is the 10th iteration of Android OS. It brings plenty of new features to the device system like system UI, new gesture navigation, improved privacy and location control. The update also offers enhanced app permissions, foldable display support, security features, system-wide dark mode, etc.
The Android 10 also offers built-in call screening, multi-camera API, smart replies in the notification panel, 5G support, improved call quality, bubble feature, live caption, and more. While the latest version also improves battery life, Focus mode which is similar to the Do Not Disturb mode, etc. Apart from that Android 10 also features 65 new emojis. It also comes with direct audio streaming support to hearing aid devices.
Steps to Install ArrowOS on Moto G5S Plus:
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported: Moto G5S Plus
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Download the latest Motorola USB Drivers
- Download ADB and Fastboot Drivers [Download ADB SDK Platform Tools]
Instructions to Install
- First of all, You need to enable the developer option and activate the OEM unlock and USB debugging.
- Now you need to unlock the bootloader on your Moto G5S Plus.
- Once you have unlocked, you must install the latest TWRP Recovery on Moto G5S Plus. [Watch Video]
- Now the guide will be easy, boot into TWRP Recovery
- You need to Decrypt and Re-Encrypt Data Partition on Moto G5S Plus.
- You can now take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Now you need Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- Tap on Install option and look for the downloaded ArrowOS zip file. [Guide to install Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery]
- Swipe to confirm the flashing.
- Now you need to install the Android Oreo Gapps file. (TWRP -> Install -> Select Gapps zip and swipe to flash)
- You can now reboot to enjoy ArrowOS on Moto G5S Plus.
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU.zip or you can try Magisk.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the ArrowOS on your device. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.
- Download and Install AOSP Android 10 Q for Motorola Moto G5S Plus
- List Of All Best Custom ROM For Moto G5S and G5S Plus [Updated]
- Moto G5S and G5S Plus Stock Firmware Collections
- Download and Install Lineage OS 17.1 for Motorola Moto G5S Plus (Android 10 Q)
- How To Root and Install TWRP Recovery for Moto G5S Plus (sanders)