Motorola Moto Z3 Play (beckham) smartphone was launched in June 2018. The phone came out of the box with Android 8.1 Oreo. Now you can install the Custom ROM called ArrowOS on Moto Z3 Play. The ROM is based on Android 10 Q. Full Credits to the team behind ArrowOS.
To install ArrowOS on Moto Z3 Play, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new ArrowOS on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of ArrowOS.
Moto Z3 Play features a 6.01-inches display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2160 pixels. The smartphone is powered by Qualcomm SDM636 Snapdragon 636 processor coupled with 4/6GB of RAM. The phone packs 32/64/128GB internal memory which can also be expanded upto 256GB via microSD card. The camera on the Moto Z3 Play comes with Dual 12 MP + 5MP with Dual-LED dual-tone flash rear camera and 8MP front shooting camera for selfies. The handset came out of the box with Android 8.1 Oreo and backed by a Non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery with Fast battery charging. It also has Fingerprint sensor in the side.
What is ArrowOS?
ArrowOS is a new Custom ROM and it is AOSP inspired open-source project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat. The ROM brings almost the same feature which is very useful for the ROM customization and at the end aiming to deliver smooth performance with better battery life. ArrowOS is developed and managed by Bauuuuu, Ganesh Verma, Kuber Sharma.
Android 10 Q based ArrowOS
Android 10 Q is the 10th iteration of Android OS. It brings plenty of new features to the device system like system UI, new gesture navigation, improved privacy and location control. The update also offers enhanced app permissions, foldable display support, security features, system-wide dark mode, etc.
The Android 10 also offers built-in call screening, multi-camera API, smart replies in the notification panel, 5G support, improved call quality, bubble feature, live caption, and more. While the latest version also improves battery life, Focus mode which is similar to the Do Not Disturb mode, etc. Apart from that Android 10 also features 65 new emojis. It also comes with direct audio streaming support to hearing aid devices.
Steps to Install ArrowOS on Moto Z3 Play:
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported: Moto Z3 Play
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Download the latest Motorola USB Drivers.
- Download ADB and Fastboot Drivers [Download ADB SDK Platform Tools]
Instructions to Install
- First of all, You need to enable the developer option and activate the OEM unlock and USB debugging.
- Now you need to unlock the bootloader on your Moto Z3 Play.
- Once you have unlocked, you must install the latest TWRP Recovery on Moto Z3 Play. [Watch Video]
- Now the guide will be easy, boot into TWRP Recovery
- You need to Decrypt and Re-Encrypt Data Partition on Moto Z3 Play.
- You can now take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Now you need Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- Tap on Install option and look for the downloaded ArrowOS zip file. [Guide to install Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery]
- Swipe to confirm the flashing.
- Now you need to install the Android Oreo Gapps file. (TWRP -> Install -> Select Gapps zip and swipe to flash)
- You can now reboot to enjoy ArrowOS on Moto Z3 Play.
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU.zip or you can try Magisk.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the ArrowOS on your device. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.
- Download and Install AOSP Android 10 Update for Moto Z3 Play
- Motorola Moto Z3 Play Stock Firmware Collections [Back To Stock ROM]
- How To Install Official TWRP Recovery On Motorola Moto Z3 Play
- List of Best Custom ROM for Motorola Moto Z3 Play [Updated]
- Download Official Lineage OS 17.1 for Motorola Moto Z3 Play based on Android 10 Q