Nextbit Robin (ether) launched in September 2015. The phone came out of the box with Android 7.1.1 Nougat. Now you can install the Custom ROM called ArrowOS on Nextbit Robin. The ROM is based on Android 8.1 Oreo and developed by Anierin Bliss. Full Credits to him and the team behind ArrowOS.
To install ArrowOS on Nextbit Robin, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new ArrowOS on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of ArrowOS.
What is ArrowOS?
ArrowOS is a new Custom ROM and it is AOSP inspired open source project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat. The ROM brings almost the same feature which is very useful for the ROM customization and at the end aiming to deliver smooth performance with better battery life. ArrowOS is developed and managed by Bauuuuu, Ganesh Verma, Kuber Sharma.
Steps to Install ArrowOS on Nextbit Robin:
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported: Nextbit Robin
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Download the latest Nextbit USB Drivers
- Download ADB and Fastboot Drivers [Download ADB SDK Platform Tools]
- ArrowOS zip file: Download
- Download any latest Gapps file:
Instructions to Install
- First of all, You need to enable the developer option and activate the OEM unlock and USB debugging.
- Now you need to unlock the bootloader on your Nextbit Robin.
- Once you have unlocked, you must install the latest TWRP Recovery on Nextbit Robin. [Watch Video]
- Now the guide will be easy, boot into TWRP Recovery
- You need to Decrypt and Re-Encrypt Data Partition on Nextbit Robin.
- You can now take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Now you need Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- Tap on Install option and look for the downloaded ArrowOS zip file. [Guide to install Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery]
- Swipe to confirm the flashing.
- Now you need to install the Android Oreo Gapps file. (TWRP -> Install -> Select Gapps zip and swipe to flash)
- You can now reboot to enjoy ArrowOS on Nextbit Robin.
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU.zip or you can try Magisk Oreo.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the ArrowOS on your device. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.