Google Nexus 6 (shamu) smartphone was launched in October 2014. The phone came out of the box with Android 5.0 Lollipop and later upgrade to Android 7.1.1 Nougat. Now you can install the Custom ROM called ArrowOS on Nexus 6 based on Android 11.
To install ArrowOS on Nexus 6, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on the latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new ArrowOS on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of ArrowOS.
Talking about the specifications, Nexus 6 features a 5.96-inches display with a screen resolution of 1440 x 2560 pixels. It is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 processor coupled with 3GB of RAM. The phone packs 32/64GB internal memory. The camera on the Nexus 6 comes with 13MP and 2MP front shooting camera. It is backed by a Non-removable Li-Po 3220 mAh battery with Qi wireless charging.
Table of Contents
What is ArrowOS?
ArrowOS is a new Custom ROM and it is AOSP inspired open-source project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat. The ROM brings almost the same feature which is very useful for the ROM customization and at the end aiming to deliver smooth performance with better battery life. ArrowOS is developed and managed by Bauuuuu, Ganesh Verma, Kuber Sharma.
ArrowOS 11.0 based on Androd 11
Well, Android 11, Google’s 11th iteration looks similar to Android 10 but with a handful of new features and changes. The update brings notification history, Chat bubbles, Conversation notifications, screen recorder, new media controls, smart device controls, one-time permission, improved dark theme with the scheduling system, app suggestions, wireless android auto, and many more. For more, check out our article Android 11 supported list, Android 11 Custom ROM list, best Android 11 features, and many more.
Steps to Install ArrowOS on Nexus 6:
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported: Nexus 6
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Download the latest Google USB Drivers
- Download ADB and Fastboot Drivers [Download ADB SDK Platform Tools]
Instructions to Install
- First of all, You need to enable the developer option and activate the OEM unlock and USB debugging.
- Now you need to unlock the bootloader on your Nexus 6.
- Once you have unlocked, you must install the latest TWRP Recovery on Nexus 6. [Watch Video]
- Now the guide will be easy, boot into TWRP Recovery
- You need to Decrypt and Re-Encrypt Data Partition on Nexus 6.
- You can now take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Now you need Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- Tap on Install option and look for the downloaded ArrowOS zip file. [Guide to install Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery]
- Swipe to confirm the flashing.
- Now you need to install the Android Oreo Gapps file. (TWRP -> Install -> Select Gapps zip and swipe to flash)
- You can now reboot to enjoy ArrowOS on Nexus 6.
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU.zip or you can try Magisk.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the ArrowOS on your device. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.