OnePlus 6 (enchilada) smartphone was launched in May 2018 with Android 8.1 Oreo and later upgraded to Android 10 Q. Now you can install the Custom ROM called ArrowOS on OnePlus 6 based on Android 11.
To install ArrowOS on OnePlus 6, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on the latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new ArrowOS on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of ArrowOS.
After the success of OnePlus 5T, OnePlus has finally launched their new successor OnePlus 6. With the OnePlus 6, the company has stepped further with the design and build quenchiladaty. The notch at the top of the edge-to-edge display and glass design in the back. OnePlus 6 features a 6.28-inch AMOLED display with 2280 X 1080 pixels resolution. OP 6 camera section packs a really powerful 20 MP +16 MP vertical dual camera on the rear end. It also has a 16-MP front face camera. The camera has features like OIS, super slo-mo and portrait mode. Out-of-the-box OnePlus 6 runs on OxygenOS Android 8.1. Oreo.
Table of Contents
What is ArrowOS?
ArrowOS is a new Custom ROM and it is AOSP inspired open-source project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat. The ROM brings almost the same feature which is very useful for the ROM customization and at the end aiming to deliver smooth performance with better battery life. ArrowOS is developed and managed by Bauuuuu, Ganesh Verma, Kuber Sharma.
ArrowOS 11.0 based on Androd 11
Well, Android 11, Google’s 11th iteration looks similar to Android 10 but with a handful of new features and changes. The update brings notification history, Chat bubbles, Conversation notifications, screen recorder, new media controls, smart device controls, one-time permission, improved dark theme with the scheduling system, app suggestions, wireless android auto, and many more. For more, check out our article Android 11 supported list, Android 11 Custom ROM list, best Android 11 features, and many more.
Steps to Install ArrowOS on OnePlus 6:
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported: OnePlus 6
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Download the latest OnePlus USB Drivers
- Download ADB and Fastboot Drivers [Download ADB SDK Platform Tools]
Instructions to Install
- First of all, You need to enable the developer option and activate the OEM unlock and USB debugging.
- Now you need to unlock the bootloader on your OnePlus 6.
- Once you have unlocked, you must install the latest TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 6. [Watch Video]
- Now the guide will be easy, boot into TWRP Recovery
- You need to Decrypt and Re-Encrypt Data Partition on OnePlus 6.
- You can now take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Now you need Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- Tap on Install option and look for the downloaded ArrowOS zip file. [Guide to install Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery]
- Swipe to confirm the flashing.
- Now you need to install the Android Oreo Gapps file. (TWRP -> Install -> Select Gapps zip and swipe to flash)
- You can now reboot to enjoy ArrowOS on OnePlus 6.
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU.zip or you can try Magisk.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the ArrowOS on your device. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.
- How to Root and Install Official TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 6
- OnePlus 6 Stock Firmware Collections (Back to Stock ROM/Restore)
- Download and Install Lineage OS 18.1 on OnePlus 6 and 6T (Android 11)
- Download And Install AOSP Android 11 for OnePlus 6 and 6T
- List of Best Custom ROM for OnePlus 6 [Updated]