Realme 6 (RMX2001) smartphone was launched in March 2020. The handset came with Android 10 Q. Now you can install the Custom ROM called ArrowOS on Realme 6 based on Android 11.
To install ArrowOS on Realme 6, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on the latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new ArrowOS on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of ArrowOS.
Realme 6 sports a 6.5 inch Full HD+ IPS LCD display with a resolution of 1080 × 2400 pixels. The device has an Ultra Smooth display with a screen refresh rate of 90Hz refresh rate. Underneath the Realme 6, it sports the MediaTek Helio G90T which is built on the 12nm process. To the GPU side, this SoC comes with the Mali G76 MC4 GPU. That said coming to the variants in which it is available, it is available in 4, 6, and 8GB of LPDDR4x RAM. It is also available in different internal storage variants such as 64GB and 128GB of UFS 2.1 onboard storage.
Table of Contents
What is ArrowOS?
ArrowOS is a new Custom ROM and it is AOSP inspired open-source project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat. The ROM brings almost the same feature which is very useful for the ROM customization and at the end aiming to deliver smooth performance with better battery life. ArrowOS is developed and managed by Bauuuuu, Ganesh Verma, Kuber Sharma.
ArrowOS 11.0 based on Androd 11
Well, Android 11, Google’s 11th iteration looks similar to Android 10 but with a handful of new features and changes. The update brings notification history, Chat bubbles, Conversation notifications, screen recorder, new media controls, smart device controls, one-time permission, improved dark theme with the scheduling system, app suggestions, wireless android auto, and many more. For more, check out our article Android 11 supported list, Android 11 Custom ROM list, best Android 11 features, and many more.
Steps to Install ArrowOS on Realme 6:
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported: Realme 6
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Download the latest Realme USB Drivers
- Download ADB and Fastboot Drivers [Download ADB SDK Platform Tools]
Instructions to Install
- First of all, You need to enable the developer option and activate the OEM unlock and USB debugging.
- Now you need to unlock the bootloader on your Realme 6.
- Once you have unlocked, you must install the latest TWRP Recovery on Realme 6. [Watch Video]
- Now the guide will be easy, boot into TWRP Recovery
- You need to Decrypt and Re-Encrypt Data Partition on Realme 6.
- You can now take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Now you need Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- Tap on Install option and look for the downloaded ArrowOS zip file. [Guide to install Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery]
- Swipe to confirm the flashing.
- Now you need to install the Android Oreo Gapps file. (TWRP -> Install -> Select Gapps zip and swipe to flash)
- You can now reboot to enjoy ArrowOS on Realme 6.
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU.zip or you can try Magisk.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the ArrowOS on your device. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.
- Common Problems in Realme 6 and Solutions – Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Camera, SIM, and More
- Install Stock ROM – Realme 6 RMX2001 Firmware Flash File
- List of Best Custom ROM for Realme 6 [Updated]
- How to Install TWRP Recovery on Realme 6 and Root it
- Download and Install Lineage OS 17.1 for Realme 6 based on Android 10 Q
- Download And Install AOSP Android 11 for Realme 6