Realme X2 (RMX199X) smartphone was launched in September 2019. The handset came with Android 9.0 Pie. Now you can install the Custom ROM called ArrowOS on Realme X2. The ROM is based on Android 10 Q and developed by Senior member Aghora7. Full Credits to him and the team behind ArrowOS.
To install ArrowOS on Realme X2, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new ArrowOS on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of ArrowOS.
Realme X2 is powered by a Octa-core (2×2.2 GHz Kryo 470 Gold & 6×1.8 GHz Kryo 470 Silver) with Qualcomm Snapdragon 730G chipset coupled with 6/8GB of RAM and 64/128/256GB of internal storage. It also supports an external memory card with up to 256 GB microSD. The device came out of the box with Android 9.0 Pie under ColorOS 6.1 and backed by a 4000 mAh battery (Non-removable).As far as the camera concerned, the device has a quad-camera setup with 64MP + 8MP + 2MP + 2MP primary sensors and a selfie camera with an 32MP lens. The Realme X2 come with a face unlock feature.
What is ArrowOS?
ArrowOS is a new Custom ROM and it is AOSP inspired open-source project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat. The ROM brings almost the same feature which is very useful for the ROM customization and at the end aiming to deliver smooth performance with better battery life. ArrowOS is developed and managed by Bauuuuu, Ganesh Verma, Kuber Sharma.
Android 10 Q based ArrowOS
Android 10 Q is the 10th iteration of Android OS. It brings plenty of new features to the device system like system UI, new gesture navigation, improved privacy and location control. The update also offers enhanced app permissions, foldable display support, security features, system-wide dark mode, etc.
The Android 10 also offers built-in call screening, multi-camera API, smart replies in the notification panel, 5G support, improved call quality, bubble feature, live caption, and more. While the latest version also improves battery life, Focus mode which is similar to the Do Not Disturb mode, etc. Apart from that Android 10 also features 65 new emojis. It also comes with direct audio streaming support to hearing aid devices.
Steps to Install ArrowOS on Realme X2:
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported: Realme X2
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Download the latest Realme USB Drivers
- Download ADB and Fastboot Drivers [Download ADB SDK Platform Tools]
Instructions to Install
- First of all, You need to enable the developer option and activate the OEM unlock and USB debugging.
- Now you need to unlock the bootloader on your Realme X2.
- Once you have unlocked, you must install the latest TWRP Recovery on Realme X2. [Watch Video]
- Now the guide will be easy, boot into TWRP Recovery
- You need to Decrypt and Re-Encrypt Data Partition on Realme X2.
- You can now take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Now you need Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- Tap on Install option and look for the downloaded ArrowOS zip file. [Guide to install Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery]
- Swipe to confirm the flashing.
- Now you need to install the Android Oreo Gapps file. (TWRP -> Install -> Select Gapps zip and swipe to flash)
- You can now reboot to enjoy ArrowOS on Realme X2.
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU.zip or you can try Magisk.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the ArrowOS on your device. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.
- Common Problems in Realme X2 and Solutions – Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Camera, SIM, and More
- How to Install Stock ROM on Realme X2
- Download and Install AOSP Android 11 for Realme X2
- How to Install Official TWRP Recovery on Realme X2 and Root it
- Download and Install Lineage OS 17.1 for Realme X2 based on Android 10 Q