Sony Xperia XZ Premium (maple) smartphone was launched in February 2017. The phone came out of the box with Android 7.1 Nougat and later upgraded to Android 9.0 Pie. Now you can install the Custom ROM called ArrowOS on Sony Xperia XZ Premium. The ROM is based on Android 10 Q and developed by Senior member kgvarunkanth. Full Credits to him and the team behind ArrowOS.
To install ArrowOS on Sony Xperia XZ Premium, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new ArrowOS on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of ArrowOS.
Talking about the specifications, Sony Xperia XZ Premium features a 5.46-inches display with a screen resolution of 3840 x 2160 pixels with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection. The smartphone is powered by Octa-core Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 835 processor coupled with 4GB of RAM. The phone packs 64GB internal memory which can also be expanded up to 256GB via microSD card. The camera on the Sony Xperia XZ Premium comes with 19 MP rear camera and 13MP front shooting camera. Sony Xperia XZ Premium runs on Android 7.1 Nougat out of the box and a Non-removable Li-Ion 3230 mAh battery with Fast battery charging. It also has a fingerprint sensor in the side.
What is ArrowOS?
ArrowOS is a new Custom ROM and it is AOSP inspired open-source project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat. The ROM brings almost the same feature which is very useful for the ROM customization and at the end aiming to deliver smooth performance with better battery life. ArrowOS is developed and managed by Bauuuuu, Ganesh Verma, Kuber Sharma.
Android 10 Q based ArrowOS
Android 10 Q is the 10th iteration of Android OS. It brings plenty of new features to the device system like system UI, new gesture navigation, improved privacy and location control. The update also offers enhanced app permissions, foldable display support, security features, system-wide dark mode, etc.
The Android 10 also offers built-in call screening, multi-camera API, smart replies in the notification panel, 5G support, improved call quality, bubble feature, live caption, and more. While the latest version also improves battery life, Focus mode which is similar to the Do Not Disturb mode, etc. Apart from that Android 10 also features 65 new emojis. It also comes with direct audio streaming support to hearing aid devices.
Steps to Install ArrowOS on Sony Xperia XZ Premium:
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Download the latest Sony USB Drivers.
- Download ADB and Fastboot Drivers [Download ADB SDK Platform Tools]
Instructions to Install
- First of all, You need to enable the developer option and activate the OEM unlock and USB debugging.
- Now you need to unlock the bootloader on your Sony Xperia XZ Premium.
- Once you have unlocked, you must install the latest TWRP Recovery on Sony Xperia XZ Premium. [Watch Video]
- Now the guide will be easy, boot into TWRP Recovery
- You need to Decrypt and Re-Encrypt Data Partition on Sony Xperia XZ Premium.
- You can now take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Now you need Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- Tap on Install option and look for the downloaded ArrowOS zip file. [Guide to install Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery]
- Swipe to confirm the flashing.
- Now you need to install the Android Oreo Gapps file. (TWRP -> Install -> Select Gapps zip and swipe to flash)
- You can now reboot to enjoy ArrowOS on Sony Xperia XZ Premium.
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU.zip or you can try Magisk.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the ArrowOS on your device. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.