Last updated on March 26th, 2021 at 11:55 am
Sony Xperia XZ1 (poplar/poplar_dsds) (G8341/G8342) smartphone was launched in August 2017. The phone came out of the box with Android 8.0 Oreo. Now you can install the Custom ROM called ArrowOS on Sony Xperia XZ1 based on Android 11.
To install ArrowOS on Sony Xperia XZ1, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on the latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new ArrowOS on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of ArrowOS.
The Xperia XZ1 from Sony is a 5.2-inch display device, with IPS LCD lighting the screen. Under the hood the Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 835 processor powers the device and supporting this a 4 GB RAM and a 64 GB ROM is provided. The external memory can be extended up to 256 GB using micro SD. Out of the box, the device will get Android Oreo. Coming into the camera, a 19 MP sensor and a 13 MP is added to the front. The battery provided is low in capacity considering the current trends and is a 2700 mAh battery.
What is ArrowOS?
ArrowOS is a new Custom ROM and it is AOSP inspired open-source project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat. The ROM brings almost the same feature which is very useful for the ROM customization and at the end aiming to deliver smooth performance with better battery life. ArrowOS is developed and managed by Bauuuuu, Ganesh Verma, Kuber Sharma.
ArrowOS 11.0 based on Androd 11
Well, Android 11, Google’s 11th iteration looks similar to Android 10 but with a handful of new features and changes. The update brings notification history, Chat bubbles, Conversation notifications, screen recorder, new media controls, smart device controls, one-time permission, improved dark theme with the scheduling system, app suggestions, wireless android auto, and many more. For more, check out our article Android 11 supported list, Android 11 Custom ROM list, best Android 11 features, and many more.
Download ROM Here (poplar)
Download ROM Here (poplar_dsds)
Steps to Install ArrowOS on Sony Xperia XZ1:
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported: Sony Xperia XZ1
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Download the latest Sony USB Drivers
- Download ADB and Fastboot Drivers [Download ADB SDK Platform Tools]
Instructions to Install
- First of all, You need to enable the developer option and activate the OEM unlock and USB debugging.
- Now you need to unlock the bootloader on your Sony Xperia XZ1.
- Once you have unlocked, you must install the latest TWRP Recovery on Sony Xperia XZ1. [Watch Video]
- Now the guide will be easy, boot into TWRP Recovery
- You need to Decrypt and Re-Encrypt Data Partition on Sony Xperia XZ1.
- You can now take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Now you need Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- Tap on Install option and look for the downloaded ArrowOS zip file. [Guide to install Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery]
- Swipe to confirm the flashing.
- Now you need to install the Android Oreo Gapps file. (TWRP -> Install -> Select Gapps zip and swipe to flash)
- You can now reboot to enjoy ArrowOS on Sony Xperia XZ1.
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU.zip or you can try Magisk.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the ArrowOS on your device. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.