Tecno Spark 2 launched in June 2018. The phone came out of the box with Android 8.1 Oreo. Now you can install the Custom ROM called ArrowOS on Tecno Spark 2. The ROM is based on Android 8.1 Oreo and Full Credits to the developer and the team behind ArrowOS.
To install ArrowOS on Tecno Spark 2, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new ArrowOS on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of ArrowOS.
Talking about the specifications, Tecno Spark 2 features a 6-inch IPS display with a screen resolution of 1440 x 720 pixels. It is powered by MediaTek Mt6580 Processor coupled with 1GB of RAM. The phone packs 16GB internal memory with an expandable storage support of 32GB via microSD card. The camera on the Tecno Spark 2 comes with 13MP rear camera with LED dual-tone flash and 8MP front camera for selfies. It is backed by a Non-removable Li-Ion 3500 mAh battery. Tecno Spark 2 also has a fingerprint sensor on the back.
Table of Contents
What is ArrowOS?
ArrowOS is a new Custom ROM and it is AOSP inspired open source project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat. The ROM brings almost the same feature which is very useful for the ROM customization and at the end aiming to deliver smooth performance with better battery life. ArrowOS is developed and managed by Bauuuuu, Ganesh Verma, Kuber Sharma.
Steps to Install ArrowOS on Tecno Spark 2:
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported: Tecno Spark 2
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Download and install Tecno USB Drivers.
- Download ADB and Fastboot Drivers [Download ADB SDK Platform Tools]
- ArrowOS zip file: Download
- Download any latest Gapps file:
Instructions to Install
- First of all, You need to enable the developer option and activate the OEM unlock and USB debugging.
- Now you need to unlock the bootloader on your Tecno Spark 2.
- Once you have unlocked, you must install the latest TWRP Recovery on Tecno Spark 2. [Watch Video]
- Now the guide will be easy, boot into TWRP Recovery
- You need to Decrypt and Re-Encrypt Data Partition on Tecno Spark 2.
- You can now take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Now you need Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- Tap on Install option and look for the downloaded ArrowOS zip file. [Guide to install Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery]
- Swipe to confirm the flashing.
- Now you need to install the Android Oreo Gapps file. (TWRP -> Install -> Select Gapps zip and swipe to flash)
- You can now reboot to enjoy ArrowOS on Tecno Spark 2.
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU.zip or you can try Magisk Oreo.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the ArrowOS on your device. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.
Credit goes to: Jackson Makinda