Xiaomi Mi 8 SE (sirius) launched in May 2018. The smartphone came out of the box with Android 8.1 Oreo. Now you can install the Custom ROM called ArrowOS on Xiaomi Mi 8 SE. The ROM is based on Android 9.0 Pie. Full Credits to the developer and the team behind ArrowOS.
To install ArrowOS on Xiaomi Mi 8 SE , your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new ArrowOS on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of ArrowOS.
Xiaomi Mi 8 SE features a 5.88 inches Super AMOLED display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2244 pixels. The display is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5. The device is powered by Qualcomm SDM710 Snapdragon 710 (10 nm) processor under Adreno 616 GPU. The handset packs 64/128GB variant with 4/6GB of RAM. Xiaomi Mi 8 SE sports a Dual rear camera with 12MP + 5MP camera and Single Selfie camera with 20MP depth camera. The smartphone is running on Android 8.1 Oreo software package and backed by 3120 mAh battery. It has a fingerprint reader on the back.
Table of Contents
What is ArrowOS?
ArrowOS is a new Custom ROM and it is AOSP inspired open source project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat. The ROM brings almost the same feature which is very useful for the ROM customization and at the end aiming to deliver smooth performance with better battery life. ArrowOS is developed and managed by Bauuuuu, Ganesh Verma, Kuber Sharma.
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
- Download Resurrection Remix on Xiaomi Mi 8 SE (Android 9.0 Pie)
- Download and Install crDroid OS on Xiaomi Mi 8 SE based on Android 10 Q
- How To Root And Install TWRP Recovery On Xiaomi Mi 8 SE
- Download and Install Lineage OS 16 on Xiaomi Mi 8 SE (Android 9.0 Pie)
- Download Pixel Experience ROM on Xiaomi Mi 8 SE with Android 10 Q
Steps to Install ArrowOS on Xiaomi Mi 8 SE:
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported: Xiaomi Mi 8 SE (sirius)
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Download Xiaomi USB Drivers
- Download ADB and Fastboot Drivers [Download ADB SDK Platform Tools]
- ArrowOS zip file: Download
- Download latest Gapps file:
Instructions to Install
- First of all, You need to enable the developer option and activate the OEM unlock and USB debugging.
- Now you need to unlock the bootloader on your Xiaomi Mi 8 SE.
- Once you have unlocked, you must install the latest TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi 8 SE. [Watch Video]
- Now the guide will be easy, boot into TWRP Recovery
- You need to Decrypt and Re-Encrypt Data Partition on Xiaomi Mi 8 SE.
- You can now take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Now you need Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- Tap on Install option and look for the downloaded ArrowOS zip file. [Guide to install Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery]
- Swipe to confirm the flashing.
- Now you need to install the Android Oreo Gapps file. (TWRP -> Install -> Select Gapps zip and swipe to flash)
- You can now reboot to enjoy ArrowOS on Xiaomi Mi 8 SE (sirius).
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU.zip or you can try Magisk Pie.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the ArrowOS on your device. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.
- Top 10 Features of Android 9.0 Pie Update
- Common Problems and solutions of Android 9.0 Pie
- Download Lineage OS 16: List of Supported Devices (Android 9.0 Pie)
- List of AOSP Android 9.0 Pie Custom ROM Supported devices
- Android 9.0 Pie: Supported Device List, Features and Downloads