Last updated on April 6th, 2021 at 04:18 pm
Xiaomi Mi 9 (cepheus) smartphone was launched in February 2019. The handset came with Android 9.0 Pie. Now you can install the Custom ROM called ArrowOS on Xiaomi Mi 9 based on Android 11.
To install ArrowOS on Xiaomi Mi 9, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on the latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new ArrowOS on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of ArrowOS.
Xiaomi Mi 9 is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 chipset coupled with 6/8GB of RAM and 64/128GB of internal storage. The device came out of the box with Android 9.0 Pie under MIUI 10 and backed by a 3300 mAh battery (Non-removable). As far as the camera concerned, the device has a Triple-camera setup with 48MP + 12MP + 16MP primary sensors and a selfie camera with an 20MP lens. Other connectivity option includes 4G-VoLTE, GPS, Glonass, Bluetooth, Mobile Hotspot, accelerometer, ambient light sensor, gyroscope, proximity sensor, and compass/ magnetometer. etc. The Xiaomi Mi 9 come with a fingerprint sensor under display.
What is ArrowOS?
ArrowOS is a new Custom ROM and it is AOSP inspired open-source project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat. The ROM brings almost the same feature which is very useful for the ROM customization and at the end aiming to deliver smooth performance with better battery life. ArrowOS is developed and managed by Bauuuuu, Ganesh Verma, Kuber Sharma.
ArrowOS 11.0 based on Androd 11
Well, Android 11, Google’s 11th iteration looks similar to Android 10 but with a handful of new features and changes. The update brings notification history, Chat bubbles, Conversation notifications, screen recorder, new media controls, smart device controls, one-time permission, improved dark theme with the scheduling system, app suggestions, wireless android auto, and many more. For more, check out our article Android 11 supported list, Android 11 Custom ROM list, best Android 11 features, and many more.
Steps to Install ArrowOS on Xiaomi Mi 9:
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported: Xiaomi Mi 9
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Download the latest Xiaomi USB Drivers
- Download ADB and Fastboot Drivers [Download ADB SDK Platform Tools]
Instructions to Install
- First of all, You need to enable the developer option and activate the OEM unlock and USB debugging.
- Now you need to unlock the bootloader on your Xiaomi Mi 9.
- Once you have unlocked, you must install the latest TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi 9. [Watch Video]
- Now the guide will be easy, boot into TWRP Recovery
- You need to Decrypt and Re-Encrypt Data Partition on Xiaomi Mi 9.
- You can now take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Now you need Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- Tap on Install option and look for the downloaded ArrowOS zip file. [Guide to install Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery]
- Swipe to confirm the flashing.
- Now you need to install the Android Oreo Gapps file. (TWRP -> Install -> Select Gapps zip and swipe to flash)
- You can now reboot to enjoy ArrowOS on Xiaomi Mi 9.
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU.zip or you can try Magisk.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the ArrowOS on your device. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.
- How To Install TWRP Recovery On Xiaomi Mi 9 and Root with Magisk/SU
- Download and Install AOSP Android 11 for Xiaomi Mi 9
- Xiaomi Mi 9 Stock Firmware Collections [Back To Stock ROM]
- List of Best Custom ROM for Xiaomi Mi 9 [Updated]
- Download and Install Lineage OS 18.1 on Xiaomi Mi 9 (Android 11)
- Common Xiaomi Mi 9 Problems and Fixes – Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Camera, SIM, and More