Xiaomi Mi Max (codename: hydrogen) was launched in May 2016. The phone came out of the box with Android 6.0 Marshmallow and later upgrade to Android 7.0 Nougat. Now you can install the Custom ROM called ArrowOS on Xiaomi Mi Max. The ROM is based on Android 9.0 Pie. Full Credits to the developer and the team behind ArrowOS.
To install ArrowOS on Xiaomi Mi Max, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new ArrowOS on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let's understand the features of ArrowOS.
Talking about the specifications, Xiaomi Mi Max features a 6.44-inches display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. It is powered by Qualcomm MSM8956 Snapdragon 650 processor coupled with 2/3GB of RAM. The phone packs 16/32/64GB internal memory. The camera on the Xiaomi Mi Max comes with 16MP and 5MP front shooting camera. It is backed by a Non-removable Li-Ion 4850 mAh battery. It also has Fingerprint sensor on the back.
What is ArrowOS?
ArrowOS is a new Custom ROM and it is AOSP inspired open source project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat. The ROM brings almost the same feature which is very useful for the ROM customization and at the end aiming to deliver smooth performance with better battery life. ArrowOS is developed and managed by Bauuuuu, Ganesh Verma, Kuber Sharma.
What's on Android 9.0 Pie?
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google's Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
- Download and Install Lineage OS 16 on Xiaomi Mi Max (Android 9.0 Pie)
- Download and Install Android 8.1 Oreo on Xiaomi Mi Max
- List Of All Best Custom ROM For Xiaomi Mi Max
- How To Root And Install Official TWRP Recovery On Xiaomi Mi Max
Steps to Install ArrowOS on Xiaomi Mi Max:
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported: Xiaomi Mi Max (hydrogen)
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Download Xiaomi USB Drivers.
- Download ADB and Fastboot Drivers [Download ADB SDK Platform Tools]
- ArrowOS zip file: Download
- Download latest Gapps file:
Instructions to Install
- First of all, You need to enable the developer option and activate the OEM unlock and USB debugging.
- Now you need to unlock the bootloader on your Xiaomi Mi Max.
- Once you have unlocked, you must install the latest TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi Max. [Watch Video]
- Now the guide will be easy, boot into TWRP Recovery
- You need to Decrypt and Re-Encrypt Data Partition on Xiaomi Mi Max.
- You can now take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Now you need Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- Tap on Install option and look for the downloaded ArrowOS zip file. [Guide to install Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery]
- Swipe to confirm the flashing.
- Now you need to install the Android Oreo Gapps file. (TWRP -> Install -> Select Gapps zip and swipe to flash)
- You can now reboot to enjoy ArrowOS on Xiaomi Mi Max (hydrogen).
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU.zip or you can try Magisk Pie.
That's it! I hope you have installed the ArrowOS on your device. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.
- Top 10 Features of Android 9.0 Pie Update
- Common Problems and solutions of Android 9.0 Pie
- Download Lineage OS 16: List of Supported Devices (Android 9.0 Pie)
- List of AOSP Android 9.0 Pie Custom ROM Supported devices
- Android 9.0 Pie: Supported Device List, Features and Downloads