Xiaomi Redmi K20 (davinci) smartphone was launched in May 2019. The phone came out of the box with Android 9.0 Pie. Now you can install the Custom ROM called ArrowOS on Xiaomi Redmi K20. The ROM is based on Android 10 Q.
To install ArrowOS on Xiaomi Redmi K20, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new ArrowOS on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of ArrowOS.
While talking about the specifications, the device is powered with a 1.8GHz Octa-core Qualcomm’s flagship processor. It is inbuilt with Qualcomm Snapdragon 730 processor and features 6 cores clocked at 1.8 GHz and 2 cores clocked at 2.2 GHz. The phone comes with 6GB RAM. It comes with a 6.39-inch display with touchscreen option having a resolution of 1080 X 2340 pixels and the aspect ratio of 19.5:9. It runs Android Pie and is powered by 4000 mAh battery. The phone supports proprietary fast charging. The rear camera has autofocus and sports a 20-megapixel camera on the front for selfies. This phone packs 64 GB inbuilt storage.
What is ArrowOS?
ArrowOS is a new Custom ROM and it is AOSP inspired open-source project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat. The ROM brings almost the same feature which is very useful for the ROM customization and at the end aiming to deliver smooth performance with better battery life. ArrowOS is developed and managed by Bauuuuu, Ganesh Verma, Kuber Sharma.
Android 10 Q based ArrowOS
Android 10 Q is the 10th iteration of Android OS. It brings plenty of new features to the device system like system UI, new gesture navigation, improved privacy and location control. The update also offers enhanced app permissions, foldable display support, security features, system-wide dark mode, etc.
The Android 10 also offers built-in call screening, multi-camera API, smart replies in the notification panel, 5G support, improved call quality, bubble feature, live caption, and more. While the latest version also improves battery life, Focus mode which is similar to the Do Not Disturb mode, etc. Apart from that Android 10 also features 65 new emojis. It also comes with direct audio streaming support to hearing aid devices.
Steps to Install ArrowOS on Xiaomi Redmi K20:
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported: Xiaomi Redmi K20
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Download the latest Xiaomi USB Drivers
- Download ADB and Fastboot Drivers [Download ADB SDK Platform Tools]
Instructions to Install
- First of all, You need to enable the developer option and activate the OEM unlock and USB debugging.
- Now you need to unlock the bootloader on your Xiaomi Redmi K20.
- Once you have unlocked, you must install the latest TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi K20. [Watch Video]
- Now the guide will be easy, boot into TWRP Recovery
- You need to Decrypt and Re-Encrypt Data Partition on Xiaomi Redmi K20.
- You can now take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Now you need Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- Tap on Install option and look for the downloaded ArrowOS zip file. [Guide to install Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery]
- Swipe to confirm the flashing.
- Now you need to install the Android Oreo Gapps file. (TWRP -> Install -> Select Gapps zip and swipe to flash)
- You can now reboot to enjoy ArrowOS on Xiaomi Redmi K20.
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU.zip or you can try Magisk.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the ArrowOS on your device. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.
- Common Redmi K20 Problems and Fixes – Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Camera, SIM, and More
- Download and Install AOSP Android 10 Q for Xiaomi Redmi K20
- How To Install TWRP Recovery On Redmi K20 and Root with Magisk/SU
- Download and Install Lineage OS 17.1 for Xiaomi Redmi K20 based on Android 10 Q
- List of Best Custom ROM for Xiaomi Redmi K20 [Updated]