And finally, the Android 8.1 Oreo is available for Asus ZenFone 4 Max ZC554KL. The new update is now available to download officially and also rolling now globally. The update brings the software version to WW-15.2016.1809.412 and will bring all the Android 8.1 OS features to the Asus ZenFone 4 Max along with the updated ZenUI 5.0. Download and install Android 8.1 Oreo on Asus ZenFone 4 Max manually.
The OTA update weighs almost 1.2GB in Size. The update is sent via OTA (Over the air) in a phase-wise manner. It may take a while to reach every corner of the world. If you have the Samsung Asus ZenFone 4 Max model, then you can check for the latest OTA update by stepping into settings. Remember, to receive this update, your phone must be running on Stock Firmware without root or mods installed.
This Android OS upgrade bundles together the Android 8.1 features like dots on app icons, picture-in-picture mode, Android Instant App compatibility, Auto-fill (such as on Chrome), Better paste and copy, Faster Android behind the scenes, even Better battery life with much more advanced Doze mode, and also more.
Along with the core Android 8.1 Oreo features, ZenUI 5.0 comes with features like a redesigned Settings, wallpaper slideshow on the lock screen, Smart Screen On, Suggested Apps (predicts the app you are likely to use based on contexts), Scheduled Charging, OptiFlex 3.0 for RAM/app optimizations, Game Genie (helps you perform actions like live-streaming and muting alerts), Twin Apps, Face Unlock, and more.
Table of Contents
What’s in Android 8.1 Oreo:
After rolling the Android 8.0 Oreo, we know that Google will surely come up with the latest version which will improve the features which were implemented in Android 8.0 version.
As you’d expect, Android 8.1 Oreo is an incremental update that builds out some of the new features found in the first version of Oreo. Android 8.1 Oreo is an improved version and shortcomings of Android 8.0 Oreo – This doesn’t mean Android 8.1 doesn’t include the new feature because it does. Here are all the features of Android Oreo [8.0/8.1]
Features of Android Oreo:
- Notifications Channels (8.0)
- Picture In A Picture (8.0)
- Multi-Display Support (8.0)
- Keyboard Navigation (8.0)
- Background Limits (8.0)
- New Wi-Fi Features (8.0)
- Better Icons (8.0)
- Autofill (8.0)
- Cheeseburger Emoji (8.1)
- Neural Networks API (8.1)
- Pixel Visual Core co-processing technology to third-party developers (8.1)
- and many more
Android 8.1 Oreo on Asus ZenFone 4 Max (WW-15.2016.1809.412)
If you are one who can’t wait for this update, then here you can download the official version WW_15.2016.1809.412 from here and follow the steps to upgrade. Before that, please make sure to check for the OTA update manually.
You can check for the update by going into Settings –> About –> System update and tap on Check update.
If you still not received the OTA update, then you can manually flash the build number WW_15.2016.1809.412 on Asus ZenFone 4 Max. Here is the complete guide on how to upgrade your device to a new software version.
Steps to Upgrade your Asus ZenFone 4 Max Manually
Either you can use the upgrade by recovery method or the ADB sideload method. We will discuss both in brief and learn the process step-by-step.
Before proceeding you have to follow a few points and grab some tools you will need while you follow either of the flashing methods.
- Supported for Asus ZenFone 4 Max (ZC554KL)
- Charge your device to 50% or more.
- Your device must be running on Stock ROM (for method 1)
- Download ASUS USB Drivers on your PC.
- Before upgrading, take a complete backup of your data.
- For the Second method, you must download ADB and Fastboot tools on your PC [Download ADB SDK Tool]
GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any bricking or damage to your device while/after installing this update. You are performing the update at your own risk.
Method 1: Upgrade via Recovery:
- Download the firmware V15.2016.1809.412 from above download section and move it to your device storage.
- Now we need to enter the device into the recovery mode.
- To do so, Switch off your phone > Hold and Long press Power button + Volume Up
- Now in the recovery menu, select the option Apply update from sd card.
- Now Choose update.zip OTA firmware file which you downloaded.
- Wait for sometime as the installation process completes.
- Now reboot your phone to complete the process. That’s it.
Method 2: Upgrade via ADB Sideload:
If you are running Custom ROM and want to install this firmware, then you can simply upgrade your device by following this method. Follow the link to know the step-by-step process.
I hope this guide was useful to upgrade your device to version WW-15.2016.1809.412.