If you’re an Asus ZenFone 4 Max Pro ZC554KL user and looking for the official Stock Firmware to download, you can follow this full guide below. Here you can check how to flash the firmware file on Asus ZenFone 4 Max Pro ZC554KL. We have also put up the stock firmware advantages, firmware info, and requirements for your ease.
Android is full of customizations and tweaks that all the users can easily perform. But users have to follow the guide and step-by-step process properly in order to do customization successfully. Unfortunately, some of the users may not follow the proper steps or don’t flash the compatible file on their devices during Custom ROM installation or rooting, etc. Therefore, their devices can be easily bricked or stuck into the bootloop issue.
In that case, it’s highly recommended to unbrick their devices or fix the boot loop issue at first by flashing the Stock ROM again. Even if your device is having an issue with the software performance or overheating or network drop or battery charging or anything else, you should re-install the Stock ROM. As the Asus ZenFone 4 Max Pro device runs on Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 chipset, we will provide you with the firmware installation method using the Qfil Flash Tool.
- Asus ZenFone 4 Max Pro Device Overview:
- Stock ROM and its importance in Smartphones
- Steps to Install Stock Firmware on Asus ZenFone 4 Max Pro
Asus ZenFone 4 Max Pro Device Overview:
Asus ZenFone 4 Max Pro features a 5.5-inches display with a screen resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels. The smartphone is powered by Quad-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A53 or Octa-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A53 and Qualcomm MSM8917 Snapdragon 425 or Qualcomm MSM8937 Snapdragon 430 processor coupled with 2/3GB of RAM. The phone packs 32GB internal memory which can also be expanded up to 256GB via microSD card. The camera on the Asus ZenFone 4 Max Pro comes with a dual 16MP rear camera with f/2.0, 26mm, phase detection autofocus, LED flash, and 16MP front shooting camera with LED flash.
Asus ZenFone 4 Max Pro runs on Android 7.0 Nougat out of the box and a Non-removable Li-Po 5000 mAh battery with Fast battery charging. It also has a Fingerprint sensor in the front. The handset supports a dual sim with 4G on both slots. It comes with connectivity options such as Bluetooth, Wifi, USB OTG, 3G, and 4G.
Stock ROM and its importance in Smartphones
Stock ROM is the operating system that comes pre-built when you buy the device from a retailer. Usually when a person needs to customize his device with custom ROMs and other modifications he opts to move on from the stock firmware. However, when things go wrong during any modification, reverting back to the stock ROM is the only option that can solve this issue.
By installing a stock ROM you can solve the issue of bootloop, device bricking. Besides, you can perform a system OS upgrade or downgrade as per your choice.
Advantages of Stock ROM:
- You can unbrick your bricked Asus ZenFone 4 Max Pro.
- It fixes the bootloop and instability issue as well.
- To upgrade or downgrade your Asus ZenFone 4 Max Pro.
- You can skip the Screen Lock and remove malware as well.
- To fix bugs lags on your Android Device.
- You Can Remove the root on your device [Unroot]
- You can Restore Stock ROM after using Custom ROM.
- This Software Update helps to solve the issue with WiFi, Bluetooth, and more.
- You can fix the soft brick issue on your Asus ZenFone 4 Max Pro.
- You can preload Google Applications as well.
Steps to Install Stock Firmware on Asus ZenFone 4 Max Pro
Now, before we get straight to the Steps of stock ROM installation, make sure to follow the requisites section below and have the flash tools and drivers installed on your system.
- The stock firmware provided here is for Asus ZenFone 4 Max Pro ZC554KL. Do not flash it on any other phone.
- We recommend having at least a 50% charge on your device before installing the firmware.
- A PC or Laptop.
- Make sure to take a backup of your device data. You can back up your phone Without Root.
- Alternatively, if you have TWRP Recovery installed on your device, you can create Nandroid Backup through TWRP Recovery.
- Download QFil Flash Tool or QPST Flash tool and install it on your PC.
- Install the Latest Asus USB Drivers | Qualcomm drivers
- Device Supported: Asus ZenFone 4 Max Pro
- Tool Supported: QFil or QPST tool
- Android OS: 7.0 Nougat
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 / 430
- File: Software Update
- Gapps File: Included
Now, grab the stock firmware, flash tool, and drivers for the Asus ZenFone 4 Max Pro from the link below.
Method 1: Instructions to Install via QFIL Tool:Guide to Install Stock ROM using QFIL Tool
Method 2: Instructions to Install via QPST Tool:
Here are the instructions you need to follow in order to install Stock ROM on the Asus ZenFone 4 Max Pro :
- First of all, do all the PREREQUISITE STEPS and Now Open the Extracted QPST Folder
- You will find two files with the name: Qualcomm_USB_Drivers_For_Windows.rar and QPST.WIN.2.7 Installer-00429.zip
- Open the QPST Win folder and Install the QPST.exe file on your PC/Laptop
- After Installation, Go to the Installed Location in the C Drive
- Open the QPST Configuration
- Now in the QPST Configuration, Click on Add new port -> Select the com port of your device -> and close it
- Now Open the EMMC Software Downloader in the same folder located all the QPST Files
- In EMMC Software Downloader, Check program boot loaders -> Browse for the device com port
- Now Click Load XML Def and browse for rawprogram0.xml in folder ROM in EMMC Software Downloader (If you didn’t extract please extract the ROM and then browse the file rawprogram0.xml)
- Now tap on Load Patch def and browse for patch0.xml in folder ROM
- Check the search path 2 and browse for the folder ROM
- Now click download, wait for the download to finish (it never finish but it also detects for a new driver, and that’s important) and it will search for the new hardware found, install the driver
- That’s it! Once your installation is done! Reboot the phone! Congrats, you successfully installed Stock ROM on Asus ZenFone 4 Max Pro.
So, that’s all about how to install stock ROM on Asus ZenFone 4 Max Pro. We hope this tutorial was useful to you. If you find any difficulties or have any doubt, do let us know.