The Taiwan based tech brand Asus isn’t known for faster or frequent software updates to its devices. However, the company is maintaining its performance by delivering the latest security patch update to some of its models. The Asus ZenFone Max Shot (ZB634KL) is receiving the February 2020 Security Patch update that bumps up a new software version of WW-16.14.2002.291 based on Android 9.0 Pie. If you’re interested to upgrade to this version, you can download and install it by following the guide.
As the firmware update is rolling out via OTA in a phased manner from the server-side, it may take some days to get the FOTA update completely. It only brings the latest February 2020 Android Security Patchset that improves the system security and fixes some bugs for stable performance.
Check OTA Update
Due to the incremental update roll-out process, it’s quite possible that not all the users may receive this update at the same time. So, the Asus ZenFone Max Shot users should check for the OTA update manually via Settings > System > System updates.
If there is a new system update is available, you should download and install it manually. Make sure to connect your phone to a Wi-Fi network and the device is charged up to 50% at least before downloading the OTA update.
If in case, you’re not receiving the OTA update notification on your handset for a while, you can follow our full-depth firmware installation guide along with requirements and downloads. Now, before heading over to the steps, let’s take a quick look at the firmware details & changelog below.
Firmware Info and Changelog:
- Device Name: Asus ZenFone Max Shot
- Region: Global
- Build Number: WW-16.14.2002.291
- Android OS Version: Android 9.0 Pie
- Software Supported: Asus Flash tool
- Android Security Patch Level: 2020-02-01
1. 2020-2 Google security patch updated
How to install stock firmware on Asus ZenFone Max Shot
To flash the firmware manually on your device, then you need to download the Asus flash tool, firmware file, and drivers.
- This firmware (WW-16.14.2002.291) is only supported for Asus ZenFone Max Shot.
- Charge your device to 50% in order to avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process.
- You need a PC and USB Cables.
- Take a backup before flashing the software on your device
Firmware Installation Guide
For the installation process, you can follow the guides given below. It includes a video tutorial as well as a practical approach to the installation process.
Method 1: Upgrade via Recovery
- Download the firmware file from the download link given above and move it to your device storage.
- Now, enter the device into the recovery mode.
- Switch off your phone > Hold and Long press Power button + Volume Up and your device will boot into recovery mode.
- Now, in the recovery menu, select the option Apply update from sd card.
- Choose update.zip OTA firmware (WW-16.14.2002.291) file which you’ve downloaded and moved earlier.
- Wait for some time to complete the installation process.
- Finally, to finish the process reboot your device.
Method 2: Upgrade via ADB Sideload
This method of installation is useful if you are running a custom ROM on your device.How to Install Stock Firmware by ADB Sideloading
If the above method doesn’t work, then you can flash via the Asus Zenfone Flash tool.
So, make sure to download the February 2020 Security patch for your ZenFone Max Shot with build number WW-16.14.2002.291. We hope that this guide was helpful to you.