Finally, the South-Korean tech giant Samsung has released the latest One UI 2.5 update based on Android 10 for its AT&T Samsung Galaxy S9 series. It took almost a couple of months to push the update in the US under AT&T carrier, while the rest of the regions has already started receiving the same. Well, it’s better late than never. So, if you’re also one of the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S9/S9 Plus users and haven’t received the update yet, you can get the One UI 2.5 Update (G960USQU8FTK2 / G965USQU8FTK2) by following this post.
To be very specific, the particular firmware update is waving its way in a phased manner that’s based on Android 10, and most importantly, it includes the latest November 2020 Android Security Patch Level having the build number G960USQU8FTK2 and G965USQU8FTK2. The Nov 2020 patch fixes a critical security vulnerability in the System component that could enable a proximal attacker to harm the system and users’ data. Whereas there is nothing extra to mention in this update.
Table of Contents
Check Software Updates
If in case, you’re not getting the official OTA update notification on your Samsung Galaxy S9/S9 Plus device (AT&T variant) then you don’t have to worry about it. Just tap on the Settings menu > Software Update > If available, tap on Download and Install. It’s one of the official and easiest ways to jump into the latest software version always.
Ensure to have enough battery level on your handset and try connecting the Wi-Fi for a faster download process. However, you can use mobile data to update your mobile. If in case, there is no update showing for your variant then you can jump to the manual firmware flashing method below. Now, let’s take a quick look at the firmware details.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy S9/S9 Plus (SM-G960U/SM-G965U)
- Region: USA
- Carrier: AT&T
- Build Number: G960USQU8FTK2 / G965USQU8FTK2
- Android OS Version: Android 10
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android Security Patch Level: 2020-11-01
Thanks to a user for sharing the OTA update screenshot on Twitter.
— Dynasty_2314 (@2314Dynasty) November 18, 2020
How to Install AT&T Galaxy S9/S9 Plus One UI 2.5 (November 2020 Patch)
Before jumping into the firmware flashing process, ensure to check out the requirements, and download links. You’ll require to download the ODIN flash tool, firmware flash file, and drivers on your computer. Let’s take a look.
- This stock firmware (G960USQU8FTK2 / G965USQU8FTK2) is only applicable for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S9/S9 Plus model.
- Keep your device charged up to 50% to avoid occasional shut down during the firmware flashing process.
- A Windows PC/Laptop and a USB Data Cable will require.
- Make sure to a full data backup before flashing the software on your device.
GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any kind of hardware or software damage to your device while or after you follow this guide. Do the manual flashing process at your own risk. Taking a full data backup is always recommended.
- G960USQU8FTK2 / G965USQU8FTK2 | Download Samsung Firmware | Frija Tool or Samfirm Tool
- Download Samsung USB Drivers
- Download and Install the Samsung Kies software on your PC
- ODIN Flash tool
Firmware Installation Guide:
- First, download all the necessary files on your PC including the ODIN Flash Tool.
- Install and launch the ODIN flash tool > Select the AT&T Galaxy S9/S9 Plus stock firmware file according to your region to flash it.
- You can check out the full depth firmware flashing guide here: How to Install Samsung Stock Firmware Using Odin Flash Tool
- For better visualization support, you can also check out our full-depth video tutorial.
That’s it, guys. We hope you’ve now successfully installed the latest Nov 2020 security patch on your AT&T Samsung Galaxy S9/S9 Plus device. Have some queries? Let us know in the comment section below.