In this article, we have shared the August 2021 security patch update for Galaxy Note 20 Ultra with build number N985FXXU3DUH2. The update is based on Android 11 and brings no major changes except security patches and bug fixes.
The update is rolling via OTA (Over the air) in a phase-wise manner. If you have a Galaxy Note 20 Ultra with variant SM-N985F, then you may receive the notification to upgrade your security patch to August 2021 with build number N985FXXU3DUH2.
Check Software Update on Galaxy Note 20 Ultra:
If you have not received the notification to upgrade your firmware to N985FXXU3DUH2, then check for the OTA update manually by going into Settings –> System > System Updates. In case if you see any new updates, you can hit the download now button to start upgrading your device.
Before upgrading, make sure you have enough juice (battery backup) on your Galaxy Note 20 Ultra and are connected to a good WiFi network. If there is no new update, then follow this guide to manually install the firmware on your Galaxy Note 20 Ultra.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra (SM-N985F)
- Build Number: N985FXXU3DUH2
- Android OS Version: Android 11
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android Security Patch Level: 2021-08-01
How to Install August 2021 Patch on Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
In order to flash the firmware manually on your Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra device, then you need to download the ODIN flash tool, firmware file, and drivers.
- This firmware (N985FXXU3DUH2) is only supported for Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra.
- Charge your device to 50% in order to avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process.
- You need a PC and USB Cables.
- Take a backup before flashing the software on your device.
- N985FXXU3DUH2 | Download Samsung Firmware | Frija Tool or Samfirm Tool
- Latest Samsung USB Drivers
- Install the Samsung Kies software on your PC.
- Flash tool: ODIN Flash tool
Firmware Installation Guide:
For the installation process, you can follow the guides given below. It includes a video tutorial as well as a practical approach to the installation process.
So, make sure to download the August 2021 Security patch for your Galaxy Note 20 Ultra model with build number N985FXXU3DUH2. We hope that this guide was helpful to you.