Updated on April 04, 2018: Today Huawei rolled new build B384 for Huawei P9 Plus in Europe. Earlier we had shared the firmware build number for Asia. The new update reduces Phone Manager’s cleanup time to less than one minute and adds more scenarios to support the one-touch split-screen feature. The update also Integrates Google security patches released in Apr 2018 for improved system security. The build number on the new version rolls out with VIE-L09C432B384. Now you can download B384 Nougat Firmware For Huawei P9 Plus in Europe region.
Today Huawei rolled another update of Android Nougat for Huawei P9 Plus in Asia. The update comes with build number B384 Nougat Firmware for Huawei P9 Plus VIE-L29 in Asia Region. This update comes with latest Google security patch, Adds Moving picture, enabling you to take dynamic photos in Standard mode and regular bug fixes and improvements. The update has started to roll out via OTA in a phase wise manner. You can either wait for the OTA to hit your notification or you can update to B384 Nougat Firmware for Huawei P9 Plus VIE-L29 Asia manually.
Update to Lineage OS: Install Lineage OS 14.1 on Huawei P9 Plus
The new update B384 Nougat optimizes system performance and stability, Improves system performance and stability for smoother operations and Integrates Google security patches for improved system security. The build version comes with VIE-L29C636B384 for Huawei P9 Plus (Asia).
Table of Contents
Download Install B384 Nougat Firmware for Huawei P9 Plus (Asia)
To receive the OTA update on your phone manually, your phone must be running Stock Firmware without any root or mods installed. If you have received the update then before downloading and installing the B384 firmware, make sure to charge your phone to at least 50% battery. To be on a safer side, take a full backup of your data using our guide below.
If you didn’t receive the update notification, then Go to System settings –> About Phone —> Software update and check for the update if any. If you still not received the update, then you can follow below guide on How to Download and Install B384 Nougat Stock Firmware On Huawei P9 Plus.
From the below guide you will learn on How to B384 Nougat Firmware for Huawei P9 Plus VIE-L29 manually. Please read the steps carefully. We are not responsible if you damage/brick your phone.
What Is In Android 7.0 Nougat And Its Feature?
It’s been a while since Android 7.0 Nougat has released. As we know Google Pixel is the first smartphone by Google which debuts the Android 7.0 Nougat update which comes with a unique feature called Google Assistant, an AI bot which acts and talk like a human. With Android Beta Program, Google released the Android 7.0 Nougat update for all Nexus device in the form of the developer preview. The update is pretty stable and Fair warning, though, that the developer preview isn’t free of bugs.
Android 7.0 Nougat comes with handful of features such as App Shortcuts, Multi Window support, restart setting to power menu, Launch the camera by pressing the power button twice, Image Keyboard support, 100 emoji added, GIF Support, Quick Reply via Notification, Notification Redesigned panel, Notifications prioritization, Enhanced Doze Mode, System UI Tuner, Customizable Quick Settings, Don Not Disturb, New Settings Panel Redesigned, Data Saver per App, seamless updates and New Emoji Support.
ALSO RELATED POST :
- How to Install LineageOS 14.1 for Huawei P9 Plus
- How to Install TWRP Recovery for Huawei P9 Plus
- Guide to Download and Install MIUI 8 on Huawei P9 Plus
Official Firmware Details :
- Device: Huawei P9 Plus
- Model No: VIE-L29
- Android OS: 7.0 Nougat
- EMUI Version: 5.0
- Firmware: B384
- Build Number: VIE-L29C636B384 (Asia)
- Region: Asia
- Status: Official
- Type: Full firmware image
- Size: 1.3 GB
- This Update is only for Huawei P9 Plus users.
- This ROM is an experimental release, It may contain Bugs.
- GetDroidTips.com is not responsible for any damage to your phone while installing this Update.
- Make sure that you have latest USB drivers installed
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
Changelog for B384 Europe (VIE-L09C432B384):
- Adds 3D panorama in Camera, which enables you to take 3D dynamic images to show your life in more perspectives. Adds a new split-screen function. You can swiftly split the screen to check your WhatsApp messages by touching the split-screen key when you are watching a video. Adds the Recently deleted album in Gallery that retains deleted photos and videos for up to 30 days. Accidentally deleted photos and videos can be restored with a single touch. Adds a security procedure that requires you to enter your lock screen password every three days, helping you to remember your password.
- Optimizes Camera performance for faster shutter response, and a smoother experience overall.
- Optimizes Quick calling by enabling speaker mode by default. Press and hold the volume down button to enable Quick calling.
- Optimizes Phone Manager’s cleanup speed and scope. A single cleanup can now be completed in less than one minute.
- Optimizes data usage management by allowing you to specify the start date of your data plan.
- Adds a button in the Recent apps cards. Touch it to split the screen. This operation is only available for apps that support the split-screen feature.
- Fixes an issue where Waze navigation could not be enabled through Android auto.
Integrates Google security patches released in Apr 2018 for improved system security.
VIE-L09C432B384 – Europe
The below step is not tested by Dload method, you can simply Unlock Bootloader, Flash the above file using TWRP Recovery if you want. We will soon share the full dload firmware link and method.