Black One Blood Brothers is a single-player sandbox tactical action shooter video game by Indie developer Helios Production that’s set to release in 2022 and currently going through the early access mode. This game is inspired by the first Rainbow SIX and Ghost Recon up to some extent which will definitely have an advantage for the interested players to jump in. Meanwhile, some Black One Blood Brothers players are facing a Screen Flickering Issues on Steam.
Now, if you’re also one of the victims then make sure to follow this troubleshooting guide to resolve such an issue. Well, it’s quite common for a PC game to have multiple issues or bugs in the early access stage such as lags, crashes, screen flickering, graphical glitches, black screen, etc. In most scenarios, the PC hardware compatibility or the graphics driver can be a major culprit apart from some other possible reasons that we’ve mentioned below in detail.
How to Fix Black One Blood Brothers Screen Flickering Issue on Steam
As we’ve mentioned below, here we’ve shared a couple of possible workarounds below that should gonna help you out. So, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into the guide below, and follow all the methods one by one until the problem has been fixed.
1. Restart your PC
Make sure to exit the game first and then close the task from the background. Finally, reboot the PC to refresh the system glitch or cache data issue (if any). To do so:
- Exit the Black One Blood Brothers game on Steam.
- Close the Steam client > Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys to open Task Manager.
- Now, click on the game/Steam task from the list to select it > Click on End Task.
- Once done, make sure to reboot the PC to apply changes.
2. Update the Game
It’s always recommended to check for the game updates on your Steam client to ensure your game isn’t outdated and lacking bug fixes or missing out on new features.
- Launch the Steam client on the PC > Click on the game Library.
- Click on Black One Blood Brothers from the list > If there is any update available, it’ll show you the Update button.
- Make sure to update the game and restart it to apply changes.
- Once done, click on the Play button to get into the game.
3. Verify Integrity of Game Files
The chances are high enough that your game files are either corrupted or missing due to some unexpected reasons. If that’s the main reason for you, then try verifying the integrity of game files on the PC to check for the issue. To do so:
- Open the Steam client on your PC.
- Find out Black One Blood Brothers in the game Library.
- Now, right-click on Black One Blood Brothers.
- Click on Properties > Select the Local Files tab.
- Click on the Verify Integrity of Game Files button.
- Next, wait for the validation process to complete.
- Finally, reboot the PC to apply changes.
4. Update Graphics Driver
Some PC users did mention that after updating the graphics driver to the latest version eventually fix the screen flickering issue. You should also update the graphics driver on the computer to ensure there is no update pending. To do this:
- Press the Windows + X keys to open the Quick Link Menu.
- Now, click on Device Manager to open it > Double-click on Display adapters.
- Right-click on the active or problematic audio device > Select Update driver.
- Click on Search automatically for drivers > Wait for the process to complete.
- If there is an update available, the system will automatically check for it, and install the update.
- Once done, make sure to reboot the system to apply changes.
However, if there is no update available, then you can try manually downloading and installing the latest GPU driver file on your PC from the official manufacturer’s website directly.
If you’re using the Nvidia graphics card then update the GeForce Experience app on your PC from the Nvidia official site here. If you’re using the AMD graphics card on your system, then update the latest AMD Drivers from here.
5. Update DirectX
The Black One Blood Brothers game requires DirectX 11 version on the Windows computer by default. If your PC doesn’t have the DirectX 11 or higher version then make sure to follow the steps below to manually update it. Currently, the DirectX 12 version is running widely on most computers if you’re running Windows 10 or Windows 11 OS with the latest build.
- Head over to this Microsoft link to download the DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer on your PC.
- Next, install or update the DirectX version manually.
- Once done, restart your computer to apply changes.
6. Update Windows
Updating Windows OS or even the build version can eventually fix multiple issues with the system stability or bugs. If in case, you’re running an outdated or corrupted Windows on your PC then you may encounter several performance-related issues apart from application running errors. Try always upgrading your system just like the game. To do so:
- Press Windows + I keys to open up the Windows Settings menu.
- Next, click on Update & Security > Select Check for updates under the Windows Update section.
- If there is a feature update available, select Download and install.
- Wait for some time until the update gets completed.
- Finally, reboot your PC to apply changes immediately.
7. Update Steam Client
Generally, Steam should update itself automatically whenever you open it and you’re connected to the internet on the PC. But if the Steam client isn’t upgrading itself for some unexpected reasons then you can also follow the steps below to do the same.
- Open the Steam client on your computer > Click on the ‘Steam’ tab from the top left corner.
- Here you can see ‘Check for Steam Client Updates…’ > Just click on it and the Steam client will check for the available update to install.
- If available, it’ll automatically download and install the update. Make sure to close Steam and restart it properly.
If there is no update available, that means your Steam client is already running on the latest version right now.
8. Close Unnecessary Background Tasks
It seems that some background running tasks are unnecessarily triggering multiple issues with the system performance or game running on the PC. It’s better to close all the unnecessary background tasks on the PC to check if the screen flickering issue has been fixed or not. To do that:
- Press the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open Task Manager.
- Click on the Processes tab > Select the task that you want to close.
- Once selected, click on End Task. Make sure to do the steps for each task individually.
- Once done, just restart your computer to change effects immediately.
9. Reinstall Black One Blood Brothers
If none of the methods worked for you then make sure to simply uninstall and reinstall the Black One Blood Brothers game on your PC to refresh the game files as well as the system. To do that:
- Open the Steam client > Head over to Library.
- Right-click on Black One Blood Brothers from the left pane > Go to Manage.
- Click on Uninstall and Select Uninstall again from the confirmation dialog box.
- Now, wait for the uninstallation process to be completed.
- Once done, make sure to reboot the PC to change effects immediately.
- Finally, launch the Steam client, and go to Store > Search for Black One Blood Brothers and Install it again.
- Wait for the game to download and install > You’re good to go.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.