Bleeding Edge is an online multiplayer combat video game available for Xbox One, Windows platforms. The game is developed by Ninja Theory and published by Xbox Game Studios, launched on March 24, 2020. Now, some of the Bleeding Edge players are already started facing some of the issues like lagging, crashing, game launching issues or even FPS drop issues, etc. So, if you’re also one of them, just check out all the possible solutions below.
It’s also worth mentioning that the Bleeding Edge devs are working on some of the common issues and requests reported by the players. Such as Unlocking FPS for PC, Failed to Connect Steam, Lag & Stability issues, Localisation. So, you don’t need to disappoint at all as the devs are listening to the Bleeding Edge players. Therefore, all you need to do is have some faith and have some fun. Now, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into the troubleshooting guide below.
Bleeding Edge: Fix Lag Shuttering, Crashing or Launching or FPS Drop issue
Here we’ve shared the required and minimum specifications requirements below in order to ensure that whether your Windows PC is capable enough or not. Most importantly, make sure that your Windows and graphics drivers are fully updated to its latest version.
1. Update Graphics Drivers
If you’re using the Nvidia graphics card then update the GeForce Experience app on your PC from the Nvidia official site here.
But if you’re using the AMD graphics card on your system, then update the latest AMD Drivers from here.
2. Disable Steam Overlay
- Open Steam on your Windows.
- Head over to the Settings > Click on the In-Game option.
- Click on the checkbox to disable “Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game“.
- Once the checkbox mark is removed, click on OK.
3. Adjust Discord Settings to fix Bleeding Edge Crashing
- Launch Discord > Click on User Settings.
- Select Voice & Video from the left sidebar.
- Scroll down a bit and click on the Advanced.
- Next, disable OpenH264 Video Codec provided by Cisco System, Inc.
- Then disable Enable Quality of Service High Packet Priority.
- Click on Overlay.
- Disable in-game overlay.
- Next, click on Appearance.
- Scroll down to the bottom Advanced.
- Disable Hardware Acceleration.
- Once done, restart the Discord or restart the system.
4. Adjust Nvidia Control Panel Settings
- Click on Adjust image settings with preview under 3D settings.
- Select Use the advanced 3D image settings.
- Next, open the Nvidia Control Panel.
- Click on Manage 3D settings.
- Then select Global Settings.
- Now, adjust some of the additional settings:
- Turn off Image Sharpening
- Turn on Threaded Optimization
- Power Management: Prefer Maximum Performance
- Low Latency Mode: Off
- Texture Filtering Quality: Performance
5. Adjust AMD Control Panel Settings
- Click on Global Graphics.
- Disable Radeon Anti-Lag
- Disable Radeon Boost
- Image Sharpening: Off
- Anti-Aliasing Mode: Use Application settings
- Set Anti-aliasing Method to Multi-sampling
- Morphological Filtering: Off
- Anisotropic Filtering: Disabled
- Texture Filtering Quality: Performance
- Surface Format Optimization: Enabled
- Tesselation Mode: AMD Optimized
- Turn off Wait for V-sync
- OpenGL Triple Buffering: Off
- Shader Cache: AMD optimized
- Turn off Maximum Tesselation Level
- GPU Workload: Graphics
- Radeon Chill: Off
- Frame Rate Target Control: Disabled
6. Verify Game Files on Steam (Steam User Only)
The Bleeding Edge gamers on Steam can follow the below steps:
- Open the Steam Library by logging into the account
- Right-click on Bleeding Edge
- Click on Properties
- Select the Local Files tab
- Then click on Verify Integrity of Game Files
- Wait for the process and then restart the game to check whether the issue has been fixed or not
7. Uninstall Windows 10 Updates (Unstable/Buggy Versions)
A couple of days ago, Microsoft has released a new update for Windows 10 with KB4535996. The KB4535996 cumulative update for Windows 10 is quite buggy and causing so many errors or problems.
- Go to Start menu > Click on Settings
- Next, click on Update and Security
- Click on View update history
- Now, if you can see that there is an update having KB4535996 has been already installed. Make sure to uninstall it.
- Here you will see Uninstall updates option on the top of the page.
- Click on it and select that particular update version.
- Right-click on it and select Uninstall.
- It may take some time to delete that update and your system may restart automatically.
- Have some patience and you can also manually reboot your Windows PC (if required).
8. Clean Temporary Files to fix Bleeding Edge Crashing
- Press Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the RUN program.
- Now, type %temp% and press enter
- You will get a bunch of temporary files on a page.
- Select all files by pressing Ctrl + A on the keyboard.
Next, press Shift + Delete on the keyboard to remove all the files.
- Some times some of the temporary files can’t be deleted. So, leave them as it is and close it.
9. Use CPU and GPU Clock Speed at Default Settings
If you’ve overclocked your GPU speed and experiencing the crashing or stuttering issue on the Bleeding Edge gameplay or at the launching, make sure to use the MSI Afterburner tool or Zotac firestorm to underclock or set default clock speed. Now, you can try again to run the game whether it’s working or not.
That’s it. We hope this guide was useful to you. You can comment below for any queries.